Monday, January 27, 2020

New Lovable Animals | Art Impressions

Hello friends!  Today I have two cards using the new Lovable Animals set.  This is an absolutely adorable set that has four cute critters, several accessories for them to hold, and sentiments for each critter.  It even comes with all the dies you need to cut them out.  The dies for the animals cut around their paws/feet so they can hold whatever you'd like to tuck in!  I love how this set has a large heart die to use in various ways.


This first card features the oh, so cute elephant.  Both critters and the accessories are stamped in Copic safe ink and colored with the markers I've listed below.  I used the Rectangle A2 Double Stitched dies to cut a white rectangle, and a red one.  These were layered onto a top-folding A2 card base.  I die cut the heart from the same red card stock and added some white stitching and sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella.  I layered the heart onto a black striped strip and cut off the over hanging part.  The elephant is popped up with foam squares on top of the heart.


I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink and die cut it with a Tag Stitched die.  I cut a larger red tag to go behind it and tie them together with red gingham ribbon from my stash.  I used foam squares to pop it up.


This next card has the cute kitty with the sentiment made just for him!


After I colored the cat and die cut it out, I worked on the background.  I die cut pink card stock with a Rectangle A2 Double Stitched die and inked on clouds with a cloud stencil and white pigment ink.  This layer adhered to a white rectangle, and this is on a top-folding red A2 card base.  I popped the cat up with foam squares.


The heart he is holding was die cut with an included die.  I added white stitching, clear sparkle, and Glossy Accents.  Once it was dry I tucked it into his paws.

The sentiment was die cut with a Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched die and also popped up.


I love the size of the critters in this set.  They are easy to color and so fun for your Valentine cards.  Be sure to check back next Monday as I will have two more cards using the other two critters in the set.  Have a wonderful, crafty week!

Copic markers:
Elephant card:  C5, C3, C1, RV25, RV25, RV14, RV13,  RV25, RV14, RV13, C3, C1, C00
Cat:  YR24, YR31, YR20, R32, R21, R20, R00, W3, W1, W00

Supplies:
Elephant card:

Cat card:

1 comment:

  1. Two adorable cards, and the critters are awesome, holding their items! Love those tiny stitched tag dies too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.