Monday, January 6, 2020

It's A Girl! | Art Impressions

Hello friends!  A very happy new year to you!  Today I have a sweet card using a few stamps from the adorable Baby Girl Set.


I stamped these three images in Copic safe ink and colored them with the Copic markers listed below.    I did a bit of "stamp surgery" to be able to stamp the It's A without masking part of it off.  No worries, I'll easily be able to use it fully when I need to.  I die cut the panel with one of the Rectangle Double Stitched dies.

I wanted the "girl" stamped image to look like balloons, so I used a fine point black pen to draw strings around the letters as if they are floating in the air.  Then I added some clear sparkle to them with a clear sparkle pen.  I then added some Diamond Glaze (similar to Glossy Accents) to them for more dimension.  After it dried, I noticed that the glaze had darkened my coloring.  Before the glaze, the letters were the same color as the pink dress.  I think still it works, but definitely something to remember in the future.


I added some foam tape to the back and added it to the lacy die cut and adhered it all to a top-folding A2 card base.



Such a sweet and easy card that was quick to make!  Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Copic markers: 
B000, B0000, E35, E55, RV13, RV14, RV21,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.