Thursday, December 26, 2019

Masculine Winter Birthday Card | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello and happy Thursday my friends!  I hope your holidays have been full of lots of fun so far!  I have to say that I love making Christmas cards so much that I'm always a bit sad when it's time to move on.  However, this masculine winter birthday card I've made sure helps the transition!  I needed a birthday card for my  nephew and Winter Bouquet Honey Cuts was perfect to use for his card!



To begin, I die cut the pinecones and several of the leafy branches from the Winter Bouquet Honey Cuts.  I used green card stock from my stash for the branches and some brown card stock for the pinecones.  I used the Detail Blender Brushes to add some shading on the die cut pieces.  The little brushes are perfect for this!  I used Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover Distress Ink on the greenery.  For the pinecones, I used Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso.



I used tools from the Heartfelt Creations Flower Shaping Essentials Kit to add dimension to the pinecones and branches.  If you want them to really hold the shape, very lightly spritz the back of the piece with a water mister before you shape them.  For a snowy effect, I diluted some white gouache with water and added splatters on them all with a paint brush.  Then I added some gloss white NUVO Crystal Drops to the pinecones and set them aside to dry.

For the card layers, I added a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Cardstock to a 5-½" x 4-¼" top-folding A2 card base.  I cut a strip of patterned paper from the Home Essentials pack to 5-¼" x 1-½" and adhered it towards the bottom of the woodgrain cardstock.  I cut a thin strip of the brown cardstock and adhered at the top of the patterned paper.

Next I arranged the pinecones and branches and adhered them with liquid glue and foam squares.  The sentiments are from the Thanks A Bunch set.  I stamped happy birthday with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I used the coordinating "happy" Honey Cut to cut it out and trimmed the "birthday" sentiment with my paper trimmer.



I hope you've enjoyed this masculine birthday card and that it has given you some inspiration today.  As always, thank you so much for your kindness and for taking a look.  I wish you all the best in the coming new year and and lots of fun crafty times!  See you next year!

Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps Winter Bouquet Honey Cuts
Honey Bee Stamps Thanks a Bunch stamps and Honey Cuts
Honey Bee Stamps Detail Blender Brushes
Heartfelt Creations Flower Shaping Essentials Kit 
Home Essentials 6x6 Specialty paper pack
Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Cardstock
NUVO gloss white Crystal Drops







1 comment:

  1. Such a perfect masculine card! Love the pine cones, needle branches and your brick pp fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.