Happy Sunday friends! I'm on the Rubbernecker Stamps blog today and I have a (what is for me) a clean and simple card using the beautiful Daisy Bouquet #2. I can't tell you how much I wanted to put some bling on this card! LOL! The white space is hard for me to leave alone, but I'm glad I did so that the focus stays on the flowers and the sentiment.
Here are the steps for the floral section.
- Stamp the bouquet with Copic safe ink.
- Color the background around the bouquet with B02, B04, BO5, and B06.
- Add some Copic Various Ink Colorless Blender solution to a small scrap piece of washcloth. Blot this along the background for 2-3 seconds, drying with a heat tool as you go around. I love the textured look this technique creates!
- Next, I colored the bouquet using these Copic markers: YR23, Y18, Y11, Y08, G07, YG17, YG25, YG03.
- Trim the colored panel to 4" x 2-¼" and adhere it to a black card stock layer that is 4" x 2-½".
- Die cut using the largest Nested Rectangle Sm. Stitch die by just cutting the top and bottom edges. This way the piece will have the same stitching as the card base. (See the next photo.)
- Adhere a 5-½" x 4-¼" black panel to a white top-folding card base.
- Die cut white card stock with the largest Rectangle Stitched die and adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the Special Joy sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- Add foam tape to the back of the floral piece and adhere to the card base.
Thank for stopping by today! Have a great week, and happy crafting!