Monday, January 20, 2020

Valentine Wishes | Art Impressions

Happy Monday friends!  I have another card for Art Impressions using the Holiday Mansion set and the HM Valentine set.  Love is in the air and all around this sweet house!

 

 

As usual, I stamped the images from both set in Copic safe ink and colored with the markers listed below.  For the house, I used a brick stencil, a tiny ink blending brush and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I just used pieces of Post-it Tape to mask off the areas I didn't want stenciled.  Next, I fussy cut the house out.  I used the coordinating dies to cut out the other images.


For the background of the card, first I used a cloud stencil, an ink blending brush and Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  Then, keeping the cloud stencil in place, I placed a heart stencil over it and inked some Worn Lipstick Distress ink over that.  I repeated those steps for each cloud layer.  I used a grass stencil and Mowed Lawn Distress ink at the bottom.  I glued this layer to a top-folding A2 card base.


I adhered the bear, flower pot, sign, and weather vane to the house.  Then I added foam tape strips to the back of the house and applied a scrap piece of white card stock so that the clouds won't show through the house openings.  Next, adhere the piece to the background.  I arranged the other pieces and attached them with either liquid glue or foam squares.

I stamped the sentiment onto red card stock with Versamark ink, added white embossing powder and heat set it.  I used a Flag Double Stitched die to cut it out.  To make the flag die fit the sentiment better, I did some partial die cutting as shown in this next photo.  I popped it up onto the card with foam squares.


For the finishing touches (because I just think Valentine cards can be all about the sparkle and shine) I added sparkle with a clear glitter pen and some shine with Diamond Glaze.  Before adding the Glaze, I used a white gel pen to add accents on the hearts.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Copic markers:
C3, C2, C0, E39, E25, E23, 
R39, R37, R35, RV25, RV23, RV21, RV13,
T5, T3, T2, T0, YG25, YG03

Supplies:
Distress Inks:  Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick Mowed Lawn

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A ton of effort, a fabulous card -- so loving the interactive openings, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.