Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Will You Be My Galentine? | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello my friends!  For my card today I'm using one of the stamps from Honey Bee Stamps Loads of Love stamp set in a bit of an unexpected way!  This set is designed to be used with the Big Pickup Tailgate stamp to add adorable things to the back of the truck.  But I had this idea in my head to use it like this!


I started by stamping and die cutting two of the flower swags from the Loads of Love stamp set and coordinating Honey Cuts.  I colored one swag with my Copic markers (colors listed below) and then decided to make sure my idea would actually work on an A2 size card!  Haha!  Here's a photo where I was trying it out.


Ok, so my idea will work!  I colored the remaining swag and then created the card base.  I die cut a piece of patterned paper from the Love Letters paper pad with the largest A2 Double Stitched Frames die.  I used the next to smallest A7 Double Stitched Frames die to cut 80# Neenah into a rectangle shape.  I die cut some gray card stock to layer behind both of these pieces and adhered the layers with Bee Creative glue.  I glued the patterned paper layer to the top-folding card base.  I added foam tape to the white card stock layer and adhered it to the card.


To adhere the two floral swags, I added bits of foam tape to the back where it extends beyond the white rectangle layer.  I added Bee Creative glue to the rest of the swags and adhered them to the card.  I took care to make sure that the flowers did not go past the edges of the card.  Next I stamped the sentiment from the Will You Be My stamp set in gray ink and die cut it with the coordinating Honey Cuts.   Then I added foam tape to the back of the sentiment and adhered it to the card.

To add a bit of bling I added some yellow gems I found in the Autumn Afternoon Gem Stickers.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope the new year is off to a good, and crafty, start for you!

Copic markers:
flowers: RV17, RV25, RV13, V09, V17, V15, YR27, Y19, Y18, Y13, YG11
leaves:  YG25, YG23, YG03, YG01, YG06

Supplies:

5 comments:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.