Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Hello Friend! | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello my friends!  Today I'm sharing a card using Honey Bee Stamps beautiful Love You Bunches stamps and coordinating dies.  The sentiment I've used is one of 12 included in this set!  This sentiment makes the card so versatile for many occasions, depending on what you stamp, or write, inside!  I'm thinking of using this as a birthday card for a good friend!


To begin, I stamped the flower bouquet in Copic safe ink and colored it with my Copic markers.  I've listed the colors I used at the end.  Next I die cut it with the coordinating die and tied some twine around the stems.  I added foam tape to the back and set it aside.

For the bottom layer of my card I used the Quilted A2 Cover Plate die and die cut white card stock.  Did you know that the Quilted Hearts and Dots stencil set is made to coordinate with the cover plate perfectly?  Of course, the stencils can be used on their own as well!  I used the dot stencil from the set and a Background Blender brush to ink on some Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink.  While the stencil was in place, I spread some Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste through the stencil and set it aside to dry.


Next I worked on the "table" I made using the Barn Wood Planks die set.  First I die cut the planks from Neenah Desert Storm card stock.  Then I inked them up with Tea Dye Distress ink using a foam tool.  I made sure to ink the edges with extra ink.  I wanted to create an illusion of dimension so I cut them down into thinner pieces.  The widest strip is about ¾", then the next size is ½" and the thinnest is ¼".  Be sure to ink up the cut edges!!

To make the piecing of the planks easy, I cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm card stock to 5-½" x 1-7/8", then added a piece of double sided adhesive to the piece. I peeled the top liner off of the adhesive and then laid down the planks, cutting them to random lengths, and again, inking the cut edges.  To finish, I inked some Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the outside edges of the piece.  I adhered my "table" to the bottom of the Quilted A2 Cover Plate piece and adhered the panel to my top-folding card base.  I added foam tape to the back of the bouquet and adhered it to the card.

For the sentiment, I used the same three yellow Copic markers and colored an ombré pattern onto some white card stock.  Then I stamped the sentiment onto it with Versamark ink, sprinkled on black embossing powder, and heat set it.  I used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I die cut one more sentiment shape from black card stock and glued it offset to the back of the sentiment.   I added foam squares to the back and adhered it to the card.

To finish up with a touch of bling, I added a few Bee Pollen dew drops.  I love adding a touch of shine!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful day!


Copic markers:
Y19, Y15, Y02, V09, V06, V05, RV63, V000,
G29, YG67, YG25, YG17, YG03

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Carol, the colors and the contrast between the sweet dotted cover plate and wood planks are wonderful. Great coloring on those roses too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.