Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A Hug In a Mug! | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hello my friends!  Today I have a cozy coffee card using Rubbernecker Stamps' beautiful Coffee Set!  I created my own background using the smaller images in this set.  Keep reading for all the fun details!


I stamped the coffee cups and coffee pot in black ink randomly over a piece of 80# Neenah card stock.  I used the "coffee" sentiment to fill in a few empty spots.  I also made sure to let the images fall off the edge for more interest.

To make the background images really pop off the page, I used some gray Copic markers to add shadows around them.  I used C5, C3, C1, C00.  I used C0 to blend out the edge of C00.  You can really see the difference in these next two photos!  (Click the photos to see up close.)

Next I die cut the panel with the largest Nested Rectangle die and adhered it to a layer of blue card stock.  Then I adhered the layers to a top-folding A2 card base.


I stamped the gal in Copic safe ink and colored her with my markers.  I die cut her out with the coordinating die and adhere her to a vellum oval that was die cut using a Nested Oval Small Stitch die.
Next I added foam square to the back, keeping the behind the gal so they won't show, and adhered it to the card front.

I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with the smallest Nested Oval Small Stitch die.  This is adhered to a blue card stock layer that I cut with a Nested Oval Scallop die.  I popped it up with foam squares.  For just a touch of bling, I added a few blue crystal gem stickers.


I had so much fun making this card, especially the background!  I hope I've given you some inspiration for your next card.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Oh My! This is so stinkin' cute, Carol! What a lovely lady, beautiful card, and your shadows add so much depth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.