Wednesday, January 13, 2021

See Through Valentine Card | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello crafty friends! Today I have a fun see through card using Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers: Heart Vine as my main feature. I have been wanting to make a see through card for a long time!!  I don't know why I waited because it's really easy and lots of fun!  I created some inky watercolor paper to use too!  Read on to see how I put this card together.

To create my clear card base I used heavyweight 10 mil. acetate.  The brand I have is by Inky Antics and comes in 8-½" x 11" sheets.  I cut one sheet in half, scored it and folded it to make a top-folding A2 card base.

Next I had some inky fun!  I love smooshing watercolor paper into Distress Inks for a fun background.  I smooshed the ink pads, one color at a time, onto a craft mat.  Then I spritzed it a few times with water and pressed the watercolor paper into the ink.  The look you get will depend on how much water you add!  Experimenting is fun so just keep trying with less, or more, water until you get the look you like.  Also be sure to use your heat tool to dry after each layer of color!  I used these Distress Inks:  Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries.  Here is a photo to show my process: (click the photo to see close up.)  I ended up making four total.


When the Distress Ink panels were dry, I used the base layer of the Lovely Layers: Heart Vine die and die cut four from them.  I die cut four of the Heart Vine top layer from white watercolor paper.  I adhered them together with small dots of Bee Creative glue.

I used a heart from the Scallop Hearts Honey Cuts to die cut one from the inky card panel and three from white watercolor card.  Then I die cut one heart from the Stacking Hearts Honey Cuts from white watercolor card.

Here are the steps for assembling the card:

  • Adhere the vine pieces to the clear card with small dots of Bee Creative glue.  Set a large stamp block on top and let dry for several minutes.
  • When the vines were dry, I used my scissors to trim of the pieces that hung over the edge.  I used a few of the smaller trimmings to fill in a few places along the edges.  Be sure to save the remaining pieces for later!
  • Adhere the Stacking Heart to the inky Scallop Heart.  Adhere to the card front.
  • Open the card and adhere one white Scallop Heart to the back of the card front.  This will give a cleaner finished look inside the card.
  • Next, adhere a scallop heart to the card inside, centering it behind the heart on the card front.  This is where you can write your sentiment.
  • Adhere the last scallop heart to the backside of the card.  This will hide the adhesive from the heart on the inside.

I didn't worry about the adhesive showing (or a bit of ink) on the back of the vines.  It doesn't show that much and seeing the bit of ink gives it that handmade feel!


I used a sentiment from the Gal Pals stamp set and stamped it in black ink onto watercolor cardstock.  I used my MISTI to be able to stamp it a few times on the textured watercolor cardstock.  I die cut it out with the coordinating Honey Cut.  I popped it up with foam squares and adhered it to the card front.


I took a few of the leftover vine pieces and tucked them around the sentiment with glue.  To add some sparkle and shine, I first used a clear glitter pen on them and then filled them in with Glossy Accents.


I sure had fun making this card and hope you've enjoyed the process!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Stay crafty!!


2 comments:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.