Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Honey, Be My Valentine!

Hello to you all! I thought I'd share a few details about my card for Honey Bee Stamps in my blog today.  This little Mae the Mouse is totally adorable and can be used for so many different occasions. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, she's sending Valentine hearts to you!


I stamped Mae (click on any of the links to be taken to the HBS shop) and the rose in Copic safe ink onto Neenah Solar White 80# card stock. It only took a few Copics to color her and the rose, which is good since I've just recently began acquiring these and my collection is a bit limited. Too bad mice aren't this sweet and cute in real life--right?! Haha!


I stamped her bow with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink.  I die cut Mae, the rose, and bow using the coordinating Mae the Mouse Honey Cuts. For the background layer I used a piece of pink card stock cut to 4" x 5.25". I used Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide inks to stencil the hearts with one of the stencils from the Fall Showers Backgrounds stencil set.  I faded out my inking towards the bottom of the stencil for the lighter hearts.

I used the scalloped stamp from the Background Builderset and the coordinating Honey Cutto create a cute edge on the bottom of the pink layer.  I stamped the XO on a ¾" strip of card stock with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide using my MISTI and stamped three times to get the shade I wanted.  I also inked a 1" strip with Worn Lipstick, layered it under the sentiment, then cut it using the scalloped edger piece from the Banner Builder Honey Cuts.  I popped this up with foam tape and adhered.

(Funny side note:  I made this card the first week of January.  I had photographed it and edited the photo--had it all ready to post.  I had shown it to my daughters too.  They loved it! :)  Probably a good week or more later, I happened to glance at the card.  To my HORROR I saw this sentiment and it said OX OX OX!!!  LOL!  I had put it on upside down!  Have you ever done anything like this?  I was lucky enough to get it off without damaging the rest of my card thankfully!)


I used some of the many sentiments from the Brie Minestamp set to add this greeting on the inside of my card.  I stamped it, and the rose, using Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.


Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look!  I hope the rest of your week is fun and crafty!

Carol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.