Thursday, January 17, 2019

AECP Celebration: Stencil Techniques

Hello!  My post today is, finally, getting back to progressing through the Altenew Educator Certification Program.  

My cards today are to complete the Altenew Academy Celebration: Stencil Techniques class.  I took this class back when it first came out and have four cards in the gallery.  However, as part of the certification, we need to create cards for each class in each level.

This class is about different ways to use stencils and using die cuts for stenciling.  I do love getting out texture paste, tinting it with ink and applying it through a stencil.  That's what I did here for my first card.  I used Altenew's Leaf Burst Stencil and applied the texture paste I tinted with Altenew's Forest Glades ink.


I taped the stencil to my card stock and work surface.  I just
tape along one edge to create a sort of hinge--it helps when
removing the stencil.

Here is the lovely texture paste after I applied it.

I let this dry overnight and then cut the stenciled image down its center creating a piece that is 2-¾" x 5-¼".  I layered that with some black card stock and adhered it to a green card base.  I used a stamp from Altenew's Label Love set for the sentiment.  I wanted to keep the stenciled portion as the focal point, so I just added a few black sequins to tie in with the black layer.  Here is a close up of the wonderful texture!


I made a second card--because it was SO easy!!



I die cut the Layered Blossom Cover Die A to use as a stencil, placed it over a piece of 4-¼ x 5-½ inch card stock, then sprayed Altenew's Ink Spray in Ocean Waves over it--just a few spritzes is all.  For the sentiment I used their Happy Birthday Die.  I cut it from a piece of card I had heavily sprayed with the same Ocean Waves so it would coordinate.  I trimmed the sprayed panel to 4" x 5-¼", added foam tape to the back and put it on a folded card base.  Then I adhered the sentiment and added a few clear crystal drops for a bit extra.

Thank you for stopping by!   Carol :)

2 comments:

  1. Stunning creations Carol!! I love both of them. The clean look, even when you were working with texture paste and ink sprays is amazing. I would definitely have some blobs here and there but your cards are perfection!
    Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in the Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. I love your write-up and descriptions! Please keep up with your excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautifully done...I have done some stencil work with texture paste...and I sure didn't have the nice results you have here... But you are inspiring me to try again...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.