Wednesday, January 30, 2019

AECP, Seasonal Scene Building

I have a card here today for another class in the AECP.  This card is inspired by the lesson in Irresistible Inking Techniques where you create a background for your scene.  You can check out all the fabulous classes in Altenew Academy HERE.

I purchased Altenew's Kind Words set right after it came out.  I can't believe this is the first time I've used it.   It has the most beautiful sentiments along with some beautiful starry stamps.  I thought a starry night time background fit perfectly.


I inked the Distress Oxides onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper using the lightest color in the center and working out to the darkest.  I kept blending the inks with the foam blending tools until I was happy with the look.  I wanted to keep the background kind of uncluttered, so I placed the stamp where I wanted it, spritzed some water into my palm and used my fingers to scatter the droplets around.  By having the stamp in place, it kept that area free from the water drops that I felt might distract from the sentiment.


Once the card was thoroughly dry, I used my anti-static powder bag and swiped it all over the card to minimize the stray embossing powder bits.  Using my MISTI, I positioned the stamps and picked them up with the door.  Next I stamped with Versamark clear sticky embossing ink, added white embossing powder and heat set it.  I repeated these steps to add another layer of white embossing powder for dimension and a more solid coverage.  

    

The Fine Frames Cover Die is awesome!  This is the first time I've used this one too.  It cuts many frames in one pass, some thinner than others.  I used one of the wider frames to help me position the thin frame straight.  I adhered it with Collage Medium as it will dry with a matte finish and won't show if any seeps out.  I added foam tape to the back and adhered it to my top folding A2 card base.

As a finishing touch, I used a white gel pens to add tiny stars.


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.  I really appreciate it!

Carol :)

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Inks:  Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Shaded Lilac
Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
Ranger Distress Collage Medium - Matte

3 comments:

  1. Love this card!! My fri4end, Diane, that you met is one of those kind friends I was referring to when I chose the sentiments for this set. Glad to see how you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love that you used the sentiment as the focal point! SWOON-worthy! It was so fun to see you at Vicki's AECP workshop! I look forward to yours! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING! Absolutely brilliant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.