Thursday, January 10, 2019

Basket of Blessings, Art Impressions

Hello to you all!  Did you see the new Challenge 247, Pretty Pastels, over at Art Impressions?  It's all about pastel colors.  You can create any themed card using pastel colors--it doesn't need to be Easter!   There are two new Art Impressions sets for Valentines and Easter being released today.  My cards today feature the new Basket of Blessings set.  It is so sweet!

  I haven't used my Prismacolor Pencils to color in a long time so I pulled them out and got to work.  It really is so relaxing to color this way.  On some of the images I used Gamsol to blend the pencil shading.  I'll try to point out where I used it as we go along and look at my cards.

This first card uses the two larger rabbits in this set.  I created a flip (is that what it's called?) card with the boy rabbit on the inside.  This rabbit's dress is the only area of this image where I did not use Gamsol.




I found that I liked the results best by laying down some pencil with shading, using the Gamsol, then go back over the area with more shading and NOT using Gamsol for the final layer.


These photos show before and after using Gamsol.  As you can see, some colors become very vibrant using Gamsol.

   

I really like the texture the pencils have, especially for the furry bunnies.  I cut the images with Art Impressions Oval Double Stitched dies and layered on top of an embossed panel (a retired embossing folder from Spellbinders.)


My second card uses the flower filled egg image and the other sentiment that's included in this set.


I did use Gamsol with the pencils on this entire image.  This is layered with Art Impressions Oval Double Stitched dies on top of an embossed layer using Sunny Studios Dapper Diamonds embossing folder.


We hope you will join in our Pretty Pastel challenge--go to THIS blog post, scroll down to the bottom and add your link.  I hope to see your beautiful creations there!  Thank you so much for stopping by!



Prismacolor pencils:
Goldenrod, Mineral Orange, Sunburst Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Jasmine, Canary Yellow, Olive Green, Apple Green, Light Cerulean Blue, Cerulean Blue, Pink, Deco Pink, Blush Pink, Carmine Red, 50% Cool Grey, 70% Cool Grey, 90% Cool Grey, 50% French Grey, 70% French Grey, Chestnut,  Dahlia Purple, White

Supplies:
Inky Antics Blending Stumps, Gamsol, Sandpaper Pointer Pad
Sunny Studios Dapper Diamonds embossing folder
Kaisercraft Bricks embossing folder
Spellbinders Dotted embossing folder

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I LOVEEE those bunnies Carol!�� Lovely set of cards !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is simply amazing!!!! Love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so pretty! Wonderful coloring. I tried to gamsol one time. It was a total fail for me...maybe I should get brave and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really displays how excellent you are with coloring with pencils and Gamsol, Carol! The designs of both are superb! If you've ever been thinking about doing a video, I wish you would go for it. I really appreciate the work-in-progress photos, but I know a lot of us could use a video showing how you do your coloring!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.