Saturday, January 26, 2019

AECP, Irresistible Inking Techniques

I have another card in my progression of classes for the Altenew Educator Certification Program.  This one is for the class called Irresistible Inking Techniques in Altenew Academy.

All four lessons of this class are great ways to use your inks in different ways.  For my card here I combined two techniques.  One from Lesson 2 called Painting with Ink Pads and the other from Lesson 3 called Stamp Block Inking.


I began by stamping one floral from the Botanical Garden set two times using waterproof ink.  I like Versafine Onyx Black.  I then smooshed my inks onto my glass mat and used them along with a few colors from the Altenew Watercolor 36 half pan set.  All of the colors I used are listed below under the supplies list.

This photo shows the yellow flower.  I started by added a very light yellow base layer of paint.  I added more intense yellow where I wanted to emphasize the shadows and add the shading.  I watercolored the purple one in the same manner.  After the flowers were dry I fussy cut them, which was very easy with the shape of these.



My next step goes like this:  1) Smoosh your ink pad onto a stamp block (any size/shape will do--just depends upon the look you want and your design), 2) spritz the stamp block with a bit of water, 3) pick up the stamp block and invert inked side down and smoosh onto your card stock.  Let it sit there a few seconds, or more and then pick it straight up.  You can let your card dry naturally, or use your heat tool to speed up the drying.  This technique is really fun!  I like to get several pieces of paper, different sizes/shapes of stamp blocks and just experiment.  No two will be alike and there's no wrong look--they will all be so pretty!

For the finishing touch I added purple splatters to the panel after it was dry.  When the splatters were dry, I stamped the sentiment from the Altenew Extra Special set with Versafine Onyx Black ink.   I then layered it onto some green card stock from my stash and adhered that to a top folding A2 card base.  I used my fingers to curl the flowers just a bit and added just a bit of glue to the center of the flowers to retain the dimension.  I also added a few drops of Nuvo Jewel Drops in Pale Periwinkle.  It was hard to capture in the photo but I added some clear sparkle to the shadowed parts of the flowers with a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you've tried this technique, or plan to!
Happy crafting!

Carol :)

Supplies:
Altenew stamps:  Botanical Garden; Extra Special
Altenew Watercolors 36 half-pan set: Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Iris Fields, Deep Iris
Altenew Crisp Dye Inks:  Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf
Nuvo Jewel Drops Pale Periwinkle
Versafine Onyx Black ink

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in the Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So pretty! Your coloring is always beautiful. Good luck with the Altenew class. I have been thinking about taking some of their classes. Anyway, beautiful card Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and great coloring. Thanks for telling us how you did it. Now I have to try that stamp block technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style, Carol! Hope that you continue to submit to AECP! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.