Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Ocean Scene Retirement Card

 Hello crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing a beautiful retirement card that features Honey Bee Stamps awesome Seaside Summer stamp set!  I also added some pieces from the Shoreline Scene Builder dies to add extra dimension to my ocean scene.  Join me for the steps to make this card as I dream of being at the beach!!!

I began by creating my ocean scene using the Seaside Summer set.  All inks used are Distress Oxide inks. I also used my MISTI for all of the stamping so I could repeat the stamping as needed.

  • Stamp the bottom sand dune with Antique Linen.
  • I used a brayer to add Antique Linen to the second sand dune layer to make it appear lighter.
  • Stamp the top sand dune layer.
  • Stamp the shadows of the top sand dunes with Brushed Corduroy.
  • Use an ink blender brush or sponge dauber to color in the sand that will be between the dunes and the water.
Be sure to let these inks dry before beginning the next steps.  I used my heat tool, because I'm a tad bit impatient! LOL!

  • Plan where to position the grasses on the card.
  • Treat the cardstock with an anti static pouch.
  • Stamp the grasses with Mowed Lawn.
  • Then stamp with clear embossing ink, add clear embossing powder, and heat set.
  • Stamp the fences with Weathered Wood.
  • Stamp with clear embossing ink, add clear embossing powder, and heat set.

  • Stamp the ocean with Uncharted Mariner, Mermaid Lagoon, and Salvaged Patine.  Use a towel or ink blending brush to smooth out any hard lines between the color so the colors will blend.
  • Stamp the sun with Squeezed Lemonade and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  
  • Mask off the ocean with some masking tape.  Use ink blender brushes to blend on Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, and Mermaid Lagoon.
  • Note:  After I inked the sky, the sun didn't show up anymore!  So I stamped the sun again with clear embossing ink and heat embossed Bee Sweet embossing powder over it.
  • Trim the panel to 3-¾" x 5".
Next I die cut some of the pieces from the Shoreline Scene Builder Honey Cuts and colored them with a few Copic Markers.  I adhered them with small pieces of foam tape and also Bee Creative glue.  The sentiment from the Seas The Day set is stamped with black ink and die cut with the coordinating die.  I popped it up with foam tape.  I adhered the panel to a 4" x 5-¼" piece of cardstock that I inked the edges of in Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide.  The panels are then glued to an A2 card base.

Check out the wax seals I made using the new Vitamin Sea Wax Melts and the Seashell Wax Stamper. These are so fun to make! I use my heat tool to melt the wax in the Wax Melting Spoon and pour them out onto a silicone mat. This way, if I mess it up, I won't have ruined an envelope. I just use a very strong adhesive like Glue Dots to attach them when I want to use one.

I wish it showed in the photos, but I did add some sparkle with a clear glitter pen to the white parts of the waves.

I hope you enjoyed my trip to the beach with my card today!  Have a wonderful, crafty day!  As always, thank you so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card...love that palm tree and fence leading to the shore! Your colors are lovely and inviting!☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.