Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Autumn is a Second Spring - Loose Watercoloring and Gold Heat Embossing

 Hello crafty friends!  I don't know how we are already at the end of August, but I'm happy it is because I'm so over these hot temperatures!  LOL!  Today I'm sharing a card I made, while thinking of cooler weather to come, with Rubbernecker Stamps beautiful Splatter Leaves set.   I did some loose watercolors for this card and have the details below!

First I stamped my leaves from the Splatter Leaves set onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock with Versamark, added gold embossing powder, and then heat set them.  While I had the supplies out, I went ahead and stamped the sentiment from the set and heat embossed it too.

Then I used some Artist Watercolors in some warm colors to color the leaves.  (The set I used is linked below. I used Red Cosmos, Fiery Sunset, Fall Harvest and Tropical Green watercolors.)  First I used a brush and water to dampen the paper and then dropped in my colors and let them alone to blend.  I let them dry and then added another layer of color.  While that was drying I took another piece of Bristol and added random water puddles and dropped in the same colors.


When the strip of color was dry, I trimmed it to 2" x 4-¼" and adhered it to a gold card stock layer measuring 2-¼" x 4-¼".  I glued this to white cardstock that I die cut with the Diamond Pierced Cover die.  I added this to an A2 card base.

Then I used the coordinating Splatter Leaves dies to cut out the leaves.  I arranged them and then adhered a few with foam tape and the others with glue.

Next I die cut the sentiment with the third smallest Nested Oval Small Stitch die.  I popped it up onto the card with foam tape.  I embellished the card with a twine bow (attached with a small Glue Dot) and a few gem stickers.

I love the gold embossing with the Autumn colors!  This was really fun to make and I hope you've enjoyed it.  Thank you so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful fall card, Carol, it's really wonderful! I too love the gold embossing with the fall colors AND look forward to cooler temps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.