Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Friends Are Like Sunflowers - Stencil and Texture Paste Fun!

 Hello crafty friends!  It's still hot as blazes here in Texas, but making autumn cards sure has me hoping that we cool down soon!  This card features Rubbernecker Stamps beautiful Like A Sunflower set along with the Fall Leaf Stencil.  

I love using stencils, inks and texture pastes and this was a fun background to make!  First I sprayed the Fall Leaf stencil with Pixie Spray.  I highly recommend it for this intricate stencil!  I placed the stencil onto a piece of 4" x 5-¼" light green cardstock.

I used an ink blender brush and Distress Oxide Inks to add color through the stencil.  The colors I used are: Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade.  The pigment properties of these allow the color to show over the colored cardstock.

I removed the stencil and cleaned all of the ink off.  Then I placed it back over the cardstock.  Using a pallet knife, I spread some transparent matte texture paste through the stencil.  Once it was smooth, I removed my stencil and immediately washed it and my tools.  I set it aside to dry while I worked on the flower and sentiment.

I stamped the first layer of the Like A Sunflower set onto 80# Neenah with Citrus ink from Color Fuse #2 set.  I did not ink the center of the flower stamp.  Using my MISTI allows me to stamp again, if needed.

Then I used a sponge dauber to ink up the flower center of the stamp with Caramel and Cinnamon ink from Color Fuse #3 set.  It didn't bother me to get some of the brown inks on the base of the petals.  That will just add some dimension to them.

Next I lined up layer 2 of the flower stamps and used Apricot ink for that layer.  There is an included layering guide, if you need it.  Then I stamped layer 3, the outline stamp, with Pecan Ink.  I stamped it 2-3 times to deepen the ink color.  Leave this stamp in your MISTI for the next step.

To add even more dimension, rub an anti-static tool over the flower.  Then ink it up with Versamark and stamp.  Sprinkle on clear embossing powder and heat set.  I used my detail scissors to fussy cut it out.

Next I stamped the sentiment from the Like A Sunflower set in black ink and trimmed it out.  With the texture paste on the background dry, I inked the edges with some Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink.  Then I adhered all of the elements to an A2 card base.  I popped up the flower and sentiment with foam tape.

Thanks so very much for stopping by today!  I sure hope you have a wonderful, and crafty, week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.