Tuesday, June 14, 2022

I'll Always Be There For You! -- A Mixed Media Background Card

Hello crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing a card featuring Rubbernecker Stamps beautiful new Layered Daisy Bouquet stamp set.  I've created a mixed media background to show off these pretty flowers.  Read on for the details!

First I created my background on a 4" x 5-¼" piece of watercolor cardstock.

  • Using a brayer, I swiped on two shades of yellow ink onto the watercolor cardstock.  I used Lemon and Autumn from the Color Fuse #1 set.
  • I let that dry, then added some random stamping with the French Script background stamp and Amaretto ink.
  • Next I sprayed the back of the Leaf Stencil with Pixie spray.
  • Then I spread some texture paste through the stencil.  I didn't cover the entire stencil, but just applied the paste here and there.
  • When the piece was dry, I used a glue pen to add glitter to the dry texture paste.

Next I stamped the outline stamp of several of the flowers and leaves from the Layered Daisy Bouquet set in black ink.  Then I used the included layering guide to stamp each layer with blue ink from Color Fuse #7.  For the leaves I used Color Fuse #10.  I fussy cut the images and arranged them on my card with glue and some with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment from the Layered Daisy Bouquet set in black ink.  I popped it up with foam tape for more dimension.

This was super fun to make!  I like how the texture paste absorbs some of the yellow inks to create a subtly textured background!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.