Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Using Floral Stamps in a Different Way with the Lovely Layers Butterfly

Hello crafty friends! I love trying to think of different ways to use Honey Bee's beautiful floral stamp sets; and instead of coloring the Framed: Anemones, I heat embossed it onto vellum! The star of the card is the fabulous butterfly from the Lovely Layers: Bugs Honey Cuts. Keep reading for the details on how to make this card!

First I cut a piece of patterned paper from the Beach Vibes paper pad (one of my VERY most favorites!) to 4-¼" x 5-½" and adhered it to an A2 card base with Bee Creative glue.

Next I stamped the Framed: Anemones onto 40# vellum with Bee Creative Clear Embossing ink. I sprinkled on silver embossing powder and heat set it. Then I used my scissors to trim off the outer portion of the frame, cutting around the leaves that extend beyond that line. I decided to do this so that the beautiful striped paper shows some and for added interest to the card. I adhered the vellum piece with small dots of Bee Creative glue.

Next I die cut the butterfly from the Lovely Layers: Bugs from 80# white cardstock. Then I used Copic markers to color it. The Copics I used are: BG09, BG15, BG13, BG32, BG11, and E79. I adhered the layers together with glue, popping up the body portion with some foam dots. I just love the details that are embossed onto the butterfly's wings when you die cut it. Check out this close up photo.

I chose the "celebrate" sentiment from the Tag, You're It: Celebrations set and stamped it with Intense Black ink. I used the coordinating Honey Cut to die cut it and then popped it up with foam dots. I love this sentiment because I can use it for a birthday, anniversary, or any occasion that calls for a celebration!

I added some sparkle and shine with a clear glitter pen on the butterfly's wings and gems from the Back To Basics Gem Sticker set.

This was a fun card to make, and I really hope that I've given you some inspiration on a different way to use your Honey Bee floral stamp sets! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Products I've used to make my card today:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.