Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Life Was Meant For Good Friends

Hello craft friends!  Today I'm sharing a card I made using Rubbernecker Stamps adorable new Group of Friends set!  This is such a great set and it has three other fabulous sentiments for all of your friendship cards!

First I stamped the Group of Friends image with Copic safe black ink.  I Copic colored the bear first and then added texture to his fur with a scrap piece of washcloth and Copic Colorless Blender.  Just add a few drops of the Blender to the rag and dab.  Check out the before and after!  











I proceeded to color the other friends with my Copic markers.  I colored the elephant next, then the pig.  And horrors, I just did NOT like the shade of pink the pig turned out to be!  (Think Pepto-Bismal pink!!)   I couldn't correct it with more markers, and not even colored pencils!

So, rather than start all over, I fussy cut the elephant and bear together.  I put it aside for later and I re-stamped the Group of Friends and colored all but the elephant and bear.  I just put a line of color along the outer edges so it wouldn't show when I popped the fussy cut one up.

Next I created the frame.  I wanted this to look like a Polaroid selfie so I positioned the largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die with the next to largest Nested Square Stitch die.  I taped them together, leaving enough room for the sentiment at the bottom.

After I die cut these, I did some partial die cutting by sliding the rectangle die down a bit to create a narrow strip along the top of the frame.

Next I stamped the sentiment with Versamark embossing ink, sprinkled on some black embossing powder and heat set it.

My next step was to trim the stamped and colored image down to fit the frame.  Then I used some green and brown Copics to freehand color a tree in the background.  I used a couple blue markers for the sky.

I added foam tape to the back of the frame and attached the colored image to the frame.  I used some patterned paper for the layer on my card base and adhered the image to the card.

My final step was to add foam tape to the back of the fussy cut bear and elephant and pop it up onto the card!  The dimension is fabulous, especially in real life!  Photos sometimes just don't capture the details!

This is such a sweet image and I hope you've enjoyed my card.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.