Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Rainbow Card with New Yoga Cats Set

 Hello crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing a rainbow card I made with Rubbernecker Stamps' new Yoga Cats Set.  This set has five different cute cats in various yoga poses along with six different sentiments!  I created a fun rainbow background for these yoga cats--read on for the details!


 First I die cut the Slimline OPC Squares die three times.  Be sure to save one set of the squares that are cut.  Glue all three frames together and then onto a slimline card base.  Set aside to dry.

Next I stamped a cat on each of the three squares in Copic safe ink.  I also stamped the sentiment near the bottom of the middle square.  I placed a strip of masking paper over it. Then I stamped the cats again onto masking paper and fussy cut the masks.  Place the masks over the stamped images.  In the second photo below, you can see my test strip.  This helped me do two things: 1) make sure I liked the shades of ink I chose; and 2) helps me get the colors spaced out to cover all three squares.


To make it easy to ink the rainbow in a contiguous pattern, I adhered the squares in a line by placing some removable tape on the back of the squares.  I used ink blending brushes to blend on Posey, Lemon, Moss, Sonata, and Lavender inks.  The Color Fuse ink cube sets are linked in the supply list below.  Check out the reveal after removing the masks!

I kept my coloring simple in order for the cats to stand out from the background.  I used a few gray Copic markers to add shading on and under the cats.  When I finished coloring, I adhered each square into the frame on the card.

I decided to re-stamp the sentiment because my masking paper strip was a tiny bit crooked and I am somewhat OCD about things being straight and lined up!  LOL!  I added foam tape to the back of the sentiment to pop it up on the card.

Thanks so very much for stopping by today!  I hope you have relaxed after seeing these cute Yoga Cats! LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.