Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Red, White & Blue Patriotic Pickup Truck | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing a card with Honey Bee Stamps Big Pickup Tailgate stamps, dies, and coordinating stencils.  I've decorate our pickup to be ready for a July 4th parade!  I'd love to ride in a truck like this, want to join me?

Here are the steps for my card:  (Do you like the steps as bullet points?  Let me know)

  • First create the background.  Using a Background Blender brush, ink some red ink through the Twinkle, Twinkle stencil onto white card stock.
  • Leave the stencil in place, and add some Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste through the stencil.  I like the subtle sparkle it adds and how it somewhat mutes the brightness of the red ink!
  • Remove the stencil and set the panel aside to dry.  Clean the stencils and tools immediately!
  • Stamp the Big Pickup Tailgate stamp with black Copic safe ink.  I colored it with Copic markers R39, R29 and R27.  Then die cut it with the coordinating die.
  • Next I used the Big Pickup Cab & Tailgate stencil set and a blender brush to add silver metallic ink to the bumper, side and center mirrors.  I added black ink to the tires.
  • Stamp the license plate sentiment with dark blue ink.
  • Then I used a white gel pen to add the details to the tires and highlights on the pickup.
  • Add Glossy Accents to the tail lights and side mirrors and set aside to dry.

  • I used the flag in the United We Stand set and stamped it in some red and dark blue ink from my stash.
  • Next I took the die in the Big Pickup Tailgate die set that is for the tailgate and centered it over the flag.  I positioned it so that more of the blue portion showed and ran it through my die cutting machine.
  • Then I stamped, colored and die cut the flowers and grass from the Loads of Spring stamp set with the coordinating dies.
  • I adhered the grass edge and flowers to the top of the flag tailgate with Bee Creative glue. Then I added foam tape to the back and adhered it to the truck.
  • The small flag is in the Farmhouse Add-on stamp set.  It is a blank flag and after I stamped it, I used a red and blue gel pen to add in the details.

  • Next I trimmed the stenciled panel to 5" x 5" and added it to a dark blue layer I had cut to 5-¼" x 5-¼".  These were adhered to a 5-½" x 5-½" white card base.
  • Then I adhered the pickup to the card base with Bee Creative glue.
  • I used the Grass Border die to cut a strip of white card stock.  Then I colored it with a couple of green Copic markers and added it to the bottom of the top panel.
  • Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the United We Stand stamp set in dark blue ink.  Then I die cut it with the coordinating die, and also once again from dark blue card stock.  I adhered the dark blue layer behind the sentiment slightly offset.
  • Add foam strips to the sentiment and attach it to the card.

I hope you've found inspiration for another way to use the fun Big Pickup Tailgate set!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Links for products I used today:

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I absolutely love the tailgate being the flag - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.