Hello crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a card with Honey Bee Stamps Big Pickup Tailgate stamps, dies, and coordinating stencils. I've decorate our pickup to be ready for a July 4th parade! I'd love to ride in a truck like this, want to join me?
Here are the steps for my card: (Do you like the steps as bullet points? Let me know)
- First create the background. Using a Background Blender brush, ink some red ink through the Twinkle, Twinkle stencil onto white card stock.
- Leave the stencil in place, and add some Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste through the stencil. I like the subtle sparkle it adds and how it somewhat mutes the brightness of the red ink!
- Remove the stencil and set the panel aside to dry. Clean the stencils and tools immediately!
- Stamp the Big Pickup Tailgate stamp with black Copic safe ink. I colored it with Copic markers R39, R29 and R27. Then die cut it with the coordinating die.
- Next I used the Big Pickup Cab & Tailgate stencil set and a blender brush to add silver metallic ink to the bumper, side and center mirrors. I added black ink to the tires.
- Stamp the license plate sentiment with dark blue ink.
- Then I used a white gel pen to add the details to the tires and highlights on the pickup.
- Add Glossy Accents to the tail lights and side mirrors and set aside to dry.
- I used the flag in the United We Stand set and stamped it in some red and dark blue ink from my stash.
- Next I took the die in the Big Pickup Tailgate die set that is for the tailgate and centered it over the flag. I positioned it so that more of the blue portion showed and ran it through my die cutting machine.
- Then I stamped, colored and die cut the flowers and grass from the Loads of Spring stamp set with the coordinating dies.
- I adhered the grass edge and flowers to the top of the flag tailgate with Bee Creative glue. Then I added foam tape to the back and adhered it to the truck.
- The small flag is in the Farmhouse Add-on stamp set. It is a blank flag and after I stamped it, I used a red and blue gel pen to add in the details.
- Next I trimmed the stenciled panel to 5" x 5" and added it to a dark blue layer I had cut to 5-¼" x 5-¼". These were adhered to a 5-½" x 5-½" white card base.
- Then I adhered the pickup to the card base with Bee Creative glue.
- I used the Grass Border die to cut a strip of white card stock. Then I colored it with a couple of green Copic markers and added it to the bottom of the top panel.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the United We Stand stamp set in dark blue ink. Then I die cut it with the coordinating die, and also once again from dark blue card stock. I adhered the dark blue layer behind the sentiment slightly offset.
- Add foam strips to the sentiment and attach it to the card.
I hope you've found inspiration for another way to use the fun Big Pickup Tailgate set! Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Links for products I used today: