Friday, May 28, 2021

Waffle Flower Challenge - Use Vellum

Hello friends, and happy Friday!  I'm so very thrilled and honored to have been invited to join Galina Filippenko, from the Waffle Flower Design Team, for this week's Waffle Flower Challenge - Use Vellum.  I had so much fun creating my cards with vellum and some products from Waffle Flower's latest Social Butterfly release!


I was able to make three cards in just one day for this challenge!  Trust me, that never happens! LOL!  Since I have a lot of photos, I'll keep the description brief, and link all of the products I used at the end of my post.

For my first card I used these Waffle Flower products:  Spread Your Wings stamp set and matching dies; JJ's Rainbow paper; Thank You stamp and matching dies; and JJ's Rainbows Sample Pack paper.

First I heat embossed the butterflies on vellum.  I used a white sparkle embossing powder on 40# vellum for some fun sparkle!  (Be sure to use heavy vellum to minimize the warping.)

Then I used a couple of sentiments from the Thank You stamp set.  I love how the two large "thank you's" have coordinating dies!  I added all of the elements to a piece of patterned paper from JJ's Rainbows Sample Pack.

My second card features stenciling with Distress Oxide inks.  I had never tried using a stencil with vellum before, but I love the results!!

Waffle Flower products: Spread Your Wings stencil; and Thank you stamps and matching dies.  First  I used a blending brush to ink Distress Oxides with the Butterflies Background Stencil.  I used Kitsch Flamingo, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Salvaged Patina, and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides.  I love how EASY it is to blend inks on vellum and the soft look you get!  I added the stenciled vellum over a white card base.

Then I stamped the thank you sentiment with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide.  I added foam tape to the back of both sentiment pieces for dimension.


For my final card, I used the vellum behind the window of the Flying Butterflies die cut to mute the patterned paper behind the vellum.  I also die cut some vellum butterflies and added them as an embellishment!

Waffle Flower products: Flying Butterflies die; Thank you stamps and matching dies; and JJ's Rainbows Sample Pack.  First I die cut the Flying Butterflies Die on a piece of Woodgrain card stock.  I added a piece of vellum behind the opening, then a rainbow patterned paper from JJ's Rainbows Sample Pack.  I adhered the outline from the Flying Butterflies die on top of the vellum.


Thank you so much for stopping by!!  I hope you'll pull out your Waffle Flower products and some vellum and  join us in the Use Vellum challenge!  There's a $25 gift card for a prize and you can play along three different ways!  Either link your project, via Link Party, to the Waffle Flower Blog, at the Waffle Flower Garden Facebook Group, or on Instagram using #WFC2105W4.  

Here are links to the supplies I used:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wonderful cards, Carol, and those butterflies (all of them) are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.