Wednesday, May 12, 2021

You Are Sweet As Honey | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello my friends!  Today my card is featuring the new Honey Bee Stamps' Honey awesome Honey Jar Paper Piecing die set!  I also tried out Honey Bee's new No-line Coloring ink (and I love it) for my stamped images.  Read on for the details!

First I created my card base by die cutting three shades of teal card stock with the Hexagon Cover Plate dies.  (These are available as a set, or individually.)  I used Bee Creative glue to adhere them together and then I glued the stack to a light teal panel.  Next I glued this to a top-folding A2 card base.  I love how these dies easily create a stunning card base!

My next step was to die cut the Honey Jar Paper Piecing dies from 80# white Neenah Solar White card stock.  To make coloring them easier, I put the pieces back into the negative space and held them with some purple tape on the back.  For the jar and honey drips I used Copic markers in these colors:  Y19, Y18, Y15, and Y13.  I shaded the honey jar lid with C2, C0 and C00.

Next I stamped the flowers, leaves, and bees in the NEW Bee Creative No-Line Coloring ink by Honey Bee Stamps.  These are in the Chin Up Buttercup and the Busy Bees stamp sets.  I colored the leaves with YG67, YG17, and YG23.  I shaded the flowers with the "C" markers listed previously.  The bees are colored with the same yellows as the honey jar. Next I used a Micron .05 black pen to add the eyes and antenna to the bees.

When I finished my coloring I used the coordinating Busy Bees and Chin Up Buttercup dies to cut out the images.  I popped up the honey jar with foam tape and arranged the flowers around the jar.  I also popped up a couple of the bees.  To finish up I stamped the sentiment from the Just Bee-cause stamp set and die cut it with the coordinating die.

I really do like Honey Bee's no-line coloring ink!  What I really like is the particular shade of the ink and that I did not have to stamp it more than once in order to see it!  Definitely at the top of the list for me!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you are having a wonderful, and crafty, week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.