Thursday, August 6, 2020

Ocean Scene Card & Lots of Stenciling Fun | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello friends!  I love using stencils and I had so much fun creating this card with mainly stencils, two stamps and some dies!  Most of these beautiful products are from Honey Bee Stamps awesome Hello Summer release!


I love how this background turned out!  I used the Garden Lattice stencil set to make it.  Here are the steps:
  • I positioned the base Garden Lattice stencil over this making sure the large squares of the stencil aligned with the inked squares.
  • I spread some white Gina K. Designs white Glitz Glitter Gel through the stencil and set the piece aside to dry.  (Be sure to clean your stencil and tool immediately!)  When it was dry, I used the largest Double Stitched Square die to cut it out. I adhered it to a 5-½" square card base.
     

Next I die cut the palm tree leaves, trunk and coconuts that are in the Beach House Add-on die set.  I used the Beach House stencil to add Oxide inks.  I used Mowed LawnTwisted CitronGround Espresso and Gathered Twigs.  

I stamped the sentiment from the Sea Breeze stamp set and die cut it with the coordinating die   I popped up the oval and the sentiment with some thin foam tape.  To finish, I adhered the palm tree to the oval.


I totally love how this turned out and wish you could see the sparkle of the glitter gel in real life!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps:

Other:

Distress Oxides:

2 comments:

  1. So beautifully made! This ocean scene is fabulous! You have inspired me to give it a try...Thank how you always give that great instructions on how you do your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background technique and what a peaceful, relaxing scene -- wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.