Happy Sunday friends! I have a fun masculine card today featuring one of Rubbernecker Stamps "old characters" called Ralph Golfing! He has quite the expression on his face, and I wonder what he is thinking! LOL! This card was really easy and quick to make! Read on for the directions.
The card base:
- I used a top-folding A2 card base from Neenah Desert Storm card stock.
- Using the largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die, cut some 80# white card stock.
- Add clouds with a cloud stencil, an ink blending brush, and Arctic Ink from Color Fuse Set #7.
- For the "golf course" I drew a pencil line on some green card stock for the hill and then cut along that line with my scissors.
- I used a green Copic marker that was a bit darker than the card stock to color the putting green. Use a dark gray Copic to add the hole.
- Using both of the dies in the Grass die set, cut two shades of green card stock. Adhere the layers with glue.
- I wanted the stitching to be on the edges of the hill and grass layers. It's easy to do by using the same Nested Rectangle die and just holding the pieces in place with some tape. See the next photo for a good visual explanation. I did this same thing with the hill.
- Adhere the grass border to the hill.
- Adhere this to the white card stock layer.
- Adhere this layer to the card base.
- Stamp Ralph in Copic safe ink and color him with Copic markers.
- Using the coordinating die to cut him out.
- Add some thin foam squares to the upper half of the back of Ralph. I made sure to tuck his feet into the grass before letting the foam squares adhere to the background layer.
- For the flag, I just hand cut a triangle and colored it with a few red Copic markers. The pole is a 1-¾" strip of white card stock that I colored with gray markers.
- Adhere the flag to the pole and add a small thin foam square to the back of the flag and glue to the back of the pole. Adhere it into place.
To finish up, I stamped the Old Putter sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto white card stock and trimmed it to a rectangle shape. I used a piece of blue card stock to create a layer. Add some foam squares to the back and adhere it to your card.
I hope you've enjoyed this fun masculine card! Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and crafty week!