Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Paradise Blooms No-line Coloring Birthday Card | Honey Bee Stamps

 Happy Wednesday friends!  Today I'm sharing a very special card I made with Honey Bee Stamps beautiful Paradise Blooms stamps and dies.  What makes this card so special is that I made it for our daughter to give to her on her birthday, which was Monday.  I had so much fun creating the background with the Palm Frond stencil and then no-line coloring the flowers and leaves.


I stamped the flowers and leaves with Ink On 3's Fadeout No-line Coloring Detail ink and copic colored them all.  I used a couple of Prismacolor pencils to add details and more shadows to the flowers.  When I finished my coloring, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  What I've learned about no-line coloring is that it will look way worse before it looks better!  Just tell yourself to keep going!

For the background, I used the Palm Frond stencil (spray the back with Pixie Spray to make it easy to use this intricate stencil) and inked on some Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks onto white card stock.  Then I slightly shifted the stencil and applied some Ranger clear transparent  embossing paste through the stencil.  After I removed the stencil, I immediately sprinkled on some chunky glitter.  I love the subtle sparkle of this background!


I die cut a frame from the Double Stitched Squares Honey Cuts and added foam tape.  When the background was dry, I trimmed it to 5-¼" square and adhered it to the background.  I adhered all of this to a 5-½" square pink card stock base.

The sentiment is from the Slimline Sentiments Eyelet Honey Cuts and I die cut three from white card stock and one from pink.  I adhered all of the layers together, added some clear sparkle pen and adhered it to the frame.  I stamped "birthday" from the Wish stamp set in clear embossing ink, sprinkled on white embossing powder, and heat set it.  After I trimmed it into a rectangle I added some small foam squares to the back and adhered it.  Then it was just a matter of die cutting my florals and arranging them.  I used glue to adhere the leaves and foam squares for the flowers.


Thank you so very much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful and crafty rest of the week!!!

Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps:
Other:
Distress Inks: Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, and I do love the extra sparkle on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have posted some awesome cards on IG with using Honey Bee’s latest release, but I think you have out done yourself with this card! Really really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.