Thursday, November 14, 2019

Golden Joy Holiday Card | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I'm over on the Honey Bee Stamps blog with the elegant, easy to make holiday card.  I've used the Joy Noel Wreath Honey Cuts, Winter Bouquet Honey Cuts and the Follow That Star Background Stencil to create this classic and elegant Christmas card!


To begin, I cut some red card stock to 5-¼" x 4".  Then I used two of the Background Blender Brushes to ink around the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink and just a touch of Black Soot Distress Ink.  I sprayed some Pixie Spray on the back of the Follow That Star stencil and let that dry.  Pixie Spray is a light tack, repositionable adhesive that makes using stencils so easy!  Then I put it on the red cardstock and applied Golden Era NUVO Glacier Paste through the stencil.  This paste is so smooth and not as "gritty" as other glitter pastes with a beautiful and subtle shine.  Be sure to clean your stencil immediately!

While the Glacier Paste was drying, I used the "j" and "y" from the Joy Noel Wreath Honey Cuts and die cut them from some gold mirror cardstock.  I also cut the smallest and next to largest poinsettias from the Winter Bouquet Honey Cuts from the gold mirror cardstock.  For the middle layer I smooshed a Ranger Emboss It Dabber Clear embossing ink onto some 80# Neenah.  I made sure I had a thick, solid layer of the embossing ink.  I sprinkled some Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel over it.  I let my heat tool get good and hot and then heat set it from the back of the paper so the enamel didn't blow off.  This embossing powder is SO pretty with the gold, white, and gold sparkle in it!  Once that was totally cool, I die cut the next to largest poinsettia and the flower center from the embossed piece.  I adhered the pieces together with glue dots.


After the stenciled piece way dry, I used a ruler and an extra fine point gold metallic marker to draw a frame near the edges.  I layered this onto a 5-½" x 4-¼" gold mirror piece.  I added these to a top-folding 80# Neenah card base.


I used my t-square ruler to help align and center the J and Y.  I adhered those and the poinsettia with liquid glue.  I love how the poinsettia dies have lines in them that emboss for that extra dimension!


I love combining sets, and all of these that I've used are so versatile!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Stay warm, and crafty!!


Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps:

Other supplies:

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning and elegant card, Carol! I love the red and gold together and I thank you for the directions!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful! Love the red and gold, plus your inking around the edges adds so much too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.