Thursday, November 14, 2019

Home is Where You Park It! | Art Impressions

Hello friends!  It's already week two of Art Impressions' Couple Cards challenge, which means you can create a card with any "pair" theme.  I had so much fun masking, stamping and coloring this scene for the couple from the Happy Trails Set!  This set also has a camper stamp and sentiments to use on a birthday card, a retirement card, and a few other general ones.


To begin, I actually planned my scene (gasp! Me, planning? LOL!)  by stamping onto some printer paper to get an idea of where I wanted everything to be.  Then I stamped the images onto masking paper and fussy cut out the tree and just the portions of the people that needed to be masked.  I stamped the people first, applied their masks, then using my sheet I planned on, I positioned the lights.  I just fussy cut the ends of the lights mask and applied it.  Then I stamped both trees.  

Because I'm not really experienced at coloring/free-handing a background, I colored it first.   The Copic colors are listed below.  Once I knew I'd be happy with the background, I finished coloring the rest.  Did you notice how I snuck in red and green?  I was kind of thinking "Christmas on the beach!" Sounds good to me!


I die cut the colored panel and the green card stock layer with the Rectangle Double Stitched dies.  Then I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink using my MISTI.


I hope you've enjoyed my card today and that you'll be entering your project into the Couple Cards Challenge!  


Copic markers:
sand:  E55, E53, E51
sky:  B0000, Y11, Y13
trees:  E59, E57, YG17, YG25, YG03
skin:  E04, E11, E21, E00, E000, R20
clothes:  R29, R27, R24, G07, YG17, YG25, B97, B95, B93
hair:  YR24, Y19, Y21, N5, N2
chairs:  C3, C1, C00

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.