Wednesday, November 20, 2019

CAS Peace on Earth | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello friends!  As promised over on my Instagram post, here's a quick "how I made it" blog post.  I was struck with fear when we were told this week would be CAS and quick to produce card week.  I mean, really, look at my cards--nothing CAS about them--not ever!  LOL!  All of the products I used are available in the Honey Bee shop--just click on the link.  Nothing like one-stop-shopping!


Here are the steps for the card base:
  • Die cut some Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Cardstock with the largest A2 Deckle Edge die.  Die cut a top-folding A2 card base with the same die, leaving the top edge of the die just beyond the fold.
  • Take the #5 and #6 deckle dies (with the smallest being #1) and center, then tape them together to create a frame.  See photo below.
  • Center these dies onto the woodgrain die cut piece and run it through your machine.
  • Keeping the 2 dies taped together, die cut some foam so the frame will have dimension. (I had to die cut card stock 4 times as I remembered that I was out of foam.)
  • Adhered the foam to the woodgrain frame.
  • Adhere the largest piece to your top-folding card that was die cut with the Deckle Edge die. Then adhere the stacked frame.
  • Using the #5 Deckle Edge die, cut out a piece of the evergreen paper that's from the Holiday Traditions 6x6 paper pad.  Adhere it in the center.  (Honey Bee has a die release tool with a little spatula like tool on one end that helped push this piece down in the frame.)

Take a piece white self-adhesive glitter foam and adhere it to a scrap piece of white card stock.  Then die cut the wreath from the Joy Noel Honey Cuts twice.  I intertwined them a bit and adhered them together with a few drops of glue.  Adhere that to the center of the green panel.


Next I used a sentiment from the Rejoice stamp set.  I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed it in WOW! Silver Metallic embossing powder.  Then I die cut it with a die from the Banner Builder Honey Cuts.  I added a couple of strips of thin foam tape to the back and adhered it to the frame.  

The final thing was to add some green gems from the Log Cabin Gem Stickers set.  I used small dots of Distress Collage Medium Matte just to make sure those gems stayed put!


Ok, I know that may sound like a lot of steps, but honestly, once you have it all set up, it comes together very quickly.  I hope you've found these steps helpful.  As always, you are so kind to stop by my blog--I appreciate you!


Supply list:

2 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful, Carol! Love all your precious elements on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.