Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Thank You Card with Layered Chickadee

Hello crafty friends! I hope your holidays have been good! After all of the glitzed up cards of the holidays (which truthfully are my favorite-LOL) I'm sharing a more clean and simple thank you card featuring the Chickadee in the beautiful Lovely Layers: Winter Birds Honey Cuts by Honey Bee Stamps.

First I stamped the sentiment from the Inside: Thankful Sentiments set with black ink. The piece of 80# Neenah is A2 sized. I stamped the sentiment near the bottom in order to partially emboss it with the Kaleidoscope 3D embossing folder. You just place your card into the embossing folder with the stamped edge hanging out. Once you have it straight, then run it through your die cutting machine! I adhered it to an A2 card base with Bee Creative glue.

I die cut the branch and two leafy sprigs from the Lovely Layers: Winter Greenery from 80# Neenah.  Then I used Walnut Stain, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxides to color them with detail blender brushes. I adhered the branch with glue, clipped apart the greenery and glued the pieces in place.

Next I die cut the pieces of the Chickadee from the Lovely Layers: Winter Birds. I used 80# Neenah and black cardstock. Then I quickly blended on some Weathered Wood and Scattered Straw Distress Oxide inks. Here's a photo for you to see what the individual pieces look like:

I used glue to adhere the chickadee layers and adhered it to my card with some foam squares. I added pearls from the Warm Pearls pearl sticker set to the branch for a bit of bling.

I hope I've given your some ideas for your thank you cards! I'll definitely be keeping these Winter Birds out to use year round (we have cardinals and chickadees all the time where I'm at). Thank you so much for stopping by today! See you next year!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird die! You've blended beautifully and made a fantastic card too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delightful card, Carol! I would love to support you by using one of the links to order the bird dies, but it seems that every store is sold out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.