Saturday, September 3, 2022

Spellbinders September Glimmer Kit of the Month - Hot Foiled Autumn Card

 Happy weekend crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing my card that features Spellbinders' September Glimmer Kit of the Month.  I've used some beautiful copper hot foil and my Copic markers to make this gorgeous autumn card.  Read on for the details.

This month's Glimmer Kit includes a hot foil plate for the floral spray (I foiled it twice to complete the diamond shape) the little flowers and leaf and sprig, and the beautiful sentiment.  All of the floral elements also have coordinating dies to cut them out.

First I use two of the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Rectangles and hot foiled them with copper foil onto an A2 sized piece of 80# Neenah.  I use the Glimmer Hot Foil System and love it!  Next I splattered dots of red gold metallic watercolor onto the panel.  Then I adhered this to an A2 card base.

Then I used the copper foil to foil the sentiment and floral hot foil plates onto 80# Neenah.  I repeated the foiling process once more for the large piece and twice more for the small floral pieces.

I die cut the sentiment out with an Essential Diamond die, added foam tape to the back and centered it on the card front.

Then I used my Copic markers to color the hot foiled elements.  Here is a list of the colors I used:

  • Red leaves and small flowers: E19, R39, R27, R17
  • Orange leaves: Y38, Y35, Y32, YR18, YR09
  • Green leaves: G99, G94, G43
Next I adhered the elements to the card with glue and a few bits of foam tape.

I added coordinating gem stickers to the flower centers to finish it up.  I just love the color of the copper foil!  I hope you've enjoyed my project and if you'd like more information about the Glimmer Kit, click here.  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Thank you very much if you choose to use my affiliates links (never any additional cost to you).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.