Thursday, September 15, 2022

Spellbinders' Vintage Square Bowl / Flea Market Finds Collection

Hi crafty friends!  I have....NOT a card!  LOL!  I do have this fabulous vintage papers, stitched bowl using the new Vintage Square Base and Sides Bowl die set!  Did you know that people used to take their Christmas cards they received and turn them into beautiful creations like this?  I did not!  After a web search, I found many wonderful examples.  

Spellbinders has made this a lot easier by creating dies for this type project.  I made this using a couple of the new products in Spellbinders Flea Market Finds Collection just released.  It's a beautiful collection that includes several other themed products that aren't Christmas.  I crocheted the pieces together, but be sure to check out the photos on Spellbinders website to see others that were stitched together.

First I added sheets of double sided adhesive to some #120 white cardstock.  Then I die cut it using the dies in the Vintage Handcrafted Square Base and Sides Bowl die set.  Next I used the dies to selectively die cut various papers in the Home for the Holidays paper pack.  I chose two floral sections and two winter scenes for the sides and used some leftover paper for the bottom square piece.

Then I peeled off the adhesive backing and adhered the patterned paper pieces to the white die cut pieces.

Now comes the fun part!  I did need to dust off my crocheting skills for this--haha!  I did a bit of practicing before I began stitching the pieces together.  I used some cotton thread I picked up from Michael's craft store a few days before.  The brand is Patons Grace 100% mercerized cotton in the color Cardinal.  I used a size "C"/2 crochet hook.

First I crocheted all around each individual piece by crocheting two single crochets in each die cut hole.  At the top point of the sides, I stitched three single crochet stitches.  

Then I used a whip stitch to begin piecing the sides to the bottom.  I continued by using the whip stitch to join the sides together.

Then I used Spellbinders' Jasmine die set and the Pine Cone and Evergreen Bough die set to add a bit of embellishment to one corner of my box.  I die cut the pieces from 80# Neenah.  After I colored the pieces with Copic markers, I used my flower shaping tools to shape each piece.  I used liquid glue to adhere the pieces to the bowl.

This bowl is just adorable to add treats, as I did in this next photo, for a special gift.

I can totally see using this beautiful Vintage Bowl die set with non-vintage papers for Christmas!  Also, wouldn't it be fabulous to use for Valentine's Day, a birthday, or with a spring-time theme?!  So many possibilities!  

I sure hope you've enjoyed my project today and that you'll be inspired to give this a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.