Sunday, May 15, 2022

You Are Kind Hearted -- Stitching and Foiling on Cards

Happy Sunday friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun card featuring Spellbinders new Stitched Alphabet collection.  The collection includes every letter of the alphabet and die cuts holes for stitching!  Each letter is sold separately for you to choose just the ones you want.  I have quite a collection of embroidery thread as I used to do cross stitching and crewel embroidery, so it's fun to be able to use my thread again!

First I die cut the top layer of the letters Y, O, and U from 120# cardstock.  I like the heavier weight for stitching as the letters hold their shape easily while stitching.  I used DMC 445 to stitch the flowers and DMC 959 for the french knots in the centers.  I die cut the shadow layers from teal cardstock.  To adhere the letters to the shadow layer, I cut foam tape into very thin strips.

I used Moondust foil and the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Rectangles hot foil plates to create the top layer of my card.  I adhered this and a teal cardstock layer to my card base.

Next I die cut flowers and leaves from the Forget-Me-Not and Ladybugs die set.  I used two shades of teal card stock and yellow for the flower centers.  I love adding dimension to die cut flowers and leaves and used tools from the Ultimate Tool Kit for shaping each one.

I chose a couple sentiments from the new Stitched Alphabet Glimmer Descriptors set and hot foiled them with Moonstone foil.  There 26 awesome words/phrases in this set to go along with all of the Stitched Alphabet letters.

Have you tried any of the stitching dies yet?  This is one of my first ones, and I have to say that I really enjoyed doing a bit of easy stitching to add an extra special touch to my card!  Thanks so very much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful, and crafty, week!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet card! Incorporating embroidery and cardmaking, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.