Thursday, May 14, 2020

Bright & Cheery Thanks! | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello my friends!  I love bright colors, stenciling and texture paste and this cheerful card sure covers that!  I've used Honey Bee Stamps awesome Flower Builder background stencils for my card, along with a few other stamp and die sets.


These are the steps for the stenciled background:
  • First, I sprayed the back of both stencils from the Flower Builder background stencil set with Pixie Spray.  This makes stenciling SO easy!
  • I put the flower petal stencil onto a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock and blended Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink through it with a Background Blender brush.
  • Next I lined up the flower center stencil.  These stencils have etched lines on them that are A2 sized and make it very easy to line up the layers.  I inked Ground Espresso Oxide with a Blender Brush.
  • The next step is to put the flower petal stencil back over the flowers and then spread some clear glossy texture paste through the stencil.  I used some that I've had in my stash forever!
  • Set this aside to dry.
  • When the piece was dry, I used a blender brush and green ink to color the background.  How fun is it that the clear texture paste resists the ink?!  Once I finished the inking, I used a dry clean towel to buff the green ink off of the flowers.



For the dimensional flowers I repeated the stenciling steps above with the Distress Oxide inks, but no texture paste this time.  I lined up the Flower Petal Cover Plate die with the flowers and ran it through my die cutting machine.  I picked out a few flowers to use and inked up the edges of them with Mustard Seed Distress Oxide for dimension.  Then I used some flower shaping tools to form them into a cupped shape.  I used a leafy branch die from the Spring Bouquets die set to die cut several branches from white card stock.  I used my Copics to color them to coordinate and shaped them with the flower shaping tools.  I found some brown sparkly stuff in my stash and added it to the centers for a touch of sparkle.


To assemble the card, I trimmed the stenciled piece to a  5-¼" x 4" and die cut a rectangle in the center of it with an A2 Double Stitched Frames die.  Adhere this to a top folding card base.  I die cut a sentiment from the Grateful Heart die set cutting the "thanks" three times and adhered the layers together.  I die cut the shadow for it from black card stock and adhered the letters to it.  I love this die and the beautiful font!  Before I adhered the leaves, flowers and Thanks, I needed to position them all so I could decide where to stamp the rest of the sentiment.  After I arranged them and the Thanks, without gluing, I took a photo of my arrangement to remember it.  Then I did stamp surgery on the sentiment from the Grateful Hearts stamp set, and positioned those.  I set the card into my MISTI, removed the floral pieces and picked up the stamps with the MISTI door.  I used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp it.

  Now it's just a matter of using the photo and adhering the flowers, leaves and Thanks into place--I could fiddle with this for a long time--LOL!  I didn't need to since I had taken the photo and need to remember to do this more often!


I hope that you've enjoyed my bright and cheerful card today!  Stay safe--stay crafty!!

Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps products:
Spring Bouquets dies (for the leafy branch)

Other supplies:
Pixie Spray

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card, and love all the "layering". Great idea to use the photo to remember placement too -- hopefully I can remember and use your tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.