Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Floral Birthday Card with Partial Die Cutting | Honey Bee Stamps

Happy Wednesday my friends!  I posted this birthday card over on my Instagram feed and thought I'd give a short description of how I created my card base.  I used Honey Bee Stamps' beautiful Everything Wonderful set and did some dry embossing using a stencil.

I began coloring this beautiful floral spray back in early April during one of Kathy Racoosin's 30-day coloring challenge.  I wanted to color using a few different Copic color combinations that varied from my usual.  At the end I use a black Prismacolor pencil to deepen the shadows in the petals.  I actually just colored....not caring if I liked it or not.  That is so freeing!  To color without any expectations which made me very happy that I liked the end result enough to share!


Here are the steps to create the card base.
  • Cut two pieces of white card stock to 8-½" x 6".  Score both at 4-¼".
  • Adhere the right side of one panel onto the top of the left side of the other panel.
  • Fold the card closed.  Position the River Rock stencil on the top flap of the card base and use temporary tape to hold it in place.  Open the card fully.
  • Run this through your die cutting machine using the appropriate embossing sandwich.
  • Next dry emboss the front of the right side of the folded card in the same manner.
  • Finally, for the partial die cutting, draw a pencil line about 1-¼" from the left fold.  This is where you will stop your die cutting.
  • Position the Everything Wonderful coordinating die using the pencil line as a guide.  Make sure the card is open fully!  Position the top cutting plate edge along the pencil line and over the portion of the die you want to cut.  Run this through your machine.  Trim the bit at the top and bottom of the die cut area with your scissors.



I added some thin foam tape to the flowers and popped it up along the die cut edge on the card front.  I white heat embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment that's from the Buzz stamp set.  The sentiment on the inside is from the Everything Wonderful set.



I added a few gems from the Perfect Petals Crystal Gem Stickers to the card front.


I hope my explanation will help you to make a beautiful floral card with partial die cutting!  I really love how this turned out!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Copic markers:
RV25, RV34, R83, R43, RV14, R81, RV42,
G07, G29, YG01, YG17, YG23, YG25, Y02, Y18Q

Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps:




2 comments:

  1. Carol, this card is stunning! I had to come over to your blog and leave you some love here as well. You pulled out all the stops on this and it shows! I love all the details, from a multi-fold card, dry embossing, partial die-cutting, you have it all, AND that black Prismacolored pencil to finish your Copic coloring -- A-mazing results! Wow, just Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! This is beautifully colored, perfectly cut and oh so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.