Monday, May 4, 2020

Best Friends Forever! | Art Impressions

Happy Monday friends!  Today I have a fun card that would be perfect for sending to all of our friends that we miss so much!  I've used Art Impressions' new We're Here Set for this card.



I began by stamping the image onto white card stock that I die cut with a Rectangle Double Stitched die.  I also stamped it onto some masking paper and fussy cut it out.  I used the Copic markers listed below to color the image.  I used a white gel pen to add details to the blue sweater.  I found a "Home" stamp in my stash and stamped it onto the door sign.



For the background, I put the mask over the image and taped off the die cut edges.  I used a rectangle masking stencil and a blender brush to add Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink.  I used a black pen to draw a line to separate the floor and wall and used some Post-It Tape to mask the floor.  Next I used a brick stencil to ink on more Squeezed Lemonade ink.  I blended a bit of Mustard Seed Distress Oxide around the edges.

After removing the masks, I layered the panel onto some blue card stock and some black/white patterned paper.  I adhered these layers to a top-folding A2 card base.  I stamped the sentiment onto some of the blue card stock and die cut it with the smallest Rectangle Double Stitched die.  I shifted the die cut piece in the die and ran it through my machine again to make it shorter.  I repeated this for the other end.  I popped the sentiment up with some foam tape.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Copic markers:
BG000, BG01, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18,
C00, C1, C3, E07, E08, E13, E15, E21, E23,
E25, E27, E31, E39, E50, E51,
N5, N7, N9, R20, R35, RV02, RV04,
T3, T5, T9, Y00, Y06, Y13, Y15, Y28,
YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24,
YG17, YG25, YG67

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card, Carol! I love those AI ladies, and their humor but you've made a great card representing friendship

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.