Thursday, May 7, 2020

Invitation Set with Greenery Invites | Art Impressions

Hello friends!  Today I'm happy to be the feature designer for today's new challenge over at Art Impressions.  The new challenge is called "You're Invited" and the new Greenery Invites set is just perfect for this one!



Here are the beginning steps for this set:
  • Trim Neenah Solar White 110# into three pieces--two at 4-¼" x 2-¾" and another to 4" x 5-¼".  I recommend using the 110# card stock so the warping isn't too bad when heat embossing.
  • Stamp the wreath onto the 4" x 5-¼" card stock with Copic safe ink.
  • Stamp the greenery onto the two smaller cards.
  • Color the images with Copic markers.  My colors are listed below.
  • After my coloring was done, I decided to stamp the berry branch randomly around the wreath.
  • Die cut some gold metallic card stock with Altenew Fine Frames Cover die  and the Altenew Fine Frames Rectangle die twice.  Adhere the two pieces together for each frame.  Set aside to dry.
  • Emboss the sentiments onto the cards by stamping with Versamark and sprinkling on the embossing powder.  I used a black embossing powder.  If you do, be sure to use that anti-static bag thoroughly to eliminate the black specks.

To finish up I adhered the gold frames.  I added foam tape to the back of the larger card and adhered it to a top-folding A2 card base.



I thought the berries needed some dimension, so I added some Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops to each one.  I also added a few drops to the other cards to tie the theme together even more.



There are so many ways to use this set!  I didn't use all the images included, and also, there's a "thank you" sentiment so you can make beautiful thank you cards with this set too!  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you'll join in this new challenge!



Copic markers:
rounded leaves:  G46, YG45, G12, YG41, YG11
oblong leaves:  G17, G05, G02

1 comment:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.