Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Merry Christmouse | Honey Bee Stamps

Happy Wednesday crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a cute mini slimline card I made using the totally adorable Merry Little Mice stamps and coordinating Honey Cuts by Honey Bee Stamps. I made an inky snowy background with lots of sparkles and spatters to set the scene for the mice--keep reading for the details.


 First I die cut some watercolor paper with the largest die from Sweet Stacks: Mini Slimline Honey Cuts. Then I spritzed on some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide Spray near the top of the card. I used a paper towel to dab up some of the color and then dried it with my heat tool. I don't have the Oxide Sprays of my next two colors, Salvaged Patina and Spun Sugar, but I do have the Oxide ink pad re-inkers. I just squeezed out a bit of the colors and used a brayer to swipe on the colors, overlapping them just a bit.

Then I used my heat tool to dry the panel, and spattered on some white gouache. I also used a white gel pen to add white dots.

Next I die cut more watercolor card with the hills in the Horizon Slimline Border Honey Cuts. I trimmed them to 3" and glue one directly to the inky panel and popped up the second one. I then put a line of Bee Creative glue along the edges, sprinkled on some chunky glitter and set it aside to dry.

I stamped the images from the Merry Little Mice set with Intense Black ink onto 80# Neenah Solar White. I used some Copic markers to color them and then cut them out with the coordinating Honey Cuts. I added some white dots with a white gel pen to the mice's cheeks and also to the Christmas tree.  Next I stamped the sentiment from Merry Christmouse with Versamark, added black embossing powder and heat set it.  I used the coordinating Honey Cut to cut it out.

To assemble the card, I adhered the inked panel to a side-folding card base with Bee Creative Glue. You can create by scoring a piece of 6-½" x 6-¼" card stock longways at 3-¼". I popped up all of the card images with foam tape and foam squares. I used my nonstick scissors to cut a few small foam strips for the music notes.

I decided to make a coordinating envelope to go with my mini slimline card.  I die cut some 32# printer paper I have in my stash with the Mini Slimline Envelope dies.  I adhered the pieces together with Bee Creative glue.  Then I used the Snowfall Background stencil to add some pink snowflakes to the front of the envelope.  This was really easy with a Background Blender Brush and some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink.

I added a bit more sparkle and shine by adding some Glossy Accents to the tree's ornaments.  Then I used a clear glitter pen to add sparkle to the star and splatters to the background.

I hope you've enjoyed my inky, mouse-filled card today!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Links for products I've used today:  (thank you, if you use my link to purchase anything!)

2 comments:

  1. Your blending is really good Carol...I sometimes struggle with it. But I keep practicing. Love these adorable mice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the sweet scene, your coloring, blending and perfect background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.