Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Joy To The World & Vintage Holiday Instagram Hop | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello crafty friends!!  Today I'm sharing a card that's part of a fun Instagram hop to celebrate Honey Bee Stamps gorgeous Vintage Holiday release!  I've used the new Sleigh Bells Ring stamp set and coordinating dies and the new Bitty Buzzwords: Holidays to create my beautiful snowy scene.

I started by creating my background.  On an A2 sized 80# Neenah Solar White card I inked some light blue ink around the edges with a Background Blender Brush.  Then I placed the Snow Day background stencil over it and spread some Deco-Art Snow-Tex through the stencil.  I love how bright white the Snow-Tex is!  I set it aside to dry and cleaned up the stencil and my tools.  After it was dry, I adhered it to a top-folding A2 card base.

Next I stamped the sled and rope from the Sleigh Bells Ring stamp set with some brown-grey inks.  I used a bit darker ink to stamp the woodgrain of the sled.  I die cut it with the coordinating dies.   Then I stamped the other images from the set with Intense Black Ink and colored them with my Copic markers.  Then I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Then I arranged the pieces on the sled, adhering with Bee Creative Glue and some foam squares.  I added thin foam tape to the back of the sled.  Next I die cut the Joy from Bitty Buzzwords: Holiday die set three times from white card stock and the shadow layer once.  I colored the top layer with a matching blue Copic and adhered the layers together.  I stamped the "to the world" from the Bitty Buzzwords: Holidays stamp set in light blue ink, trimmed it into a strip and adhered it to the "Joy".

I added some layered snowflakes that I die cut with the small flakes from the Layering Snowflakes die set. I added a sparkly gem sticker from the Vintage Holiday Gem Stickers set.

After I adhered the sled and snowflakes to the card I added some fun bling by using a clear glitter pen on the "joy" and the white poinsettia.  Then I added drops of Red Berry Nuvo Crystal Drops to each berry.

I hope you enjoyed my card making process and will join us over on Instagram to see the beautiful projects from the team.  Also, there are prizes so be sure to check out my post for the details.  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Click the links for product info!

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! This is just so gorgeous, Carol, I'm in heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fantastic. Love the effect of the snow Tex... beautifully white. This new release from Honey Bee is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Which copic blue did you use for the word joy? It’s a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Maria! I used B21 to color the top layer of the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.