Hi crafty friends! Today I have a fun mixed-media thank you card using Rubbernecker Stamps new Fall Pumpkins set! I had so much fun making this card with inking, coloring, and embossing! I've shared all of my steps to make this below!
Card base and layer:
- Die cut a piece of 4" x 5-¼" Neenah Desert Storm card stock with the Diamonds die.
- Next I used a Versamarker Watermark Pen to trace around the diamond openings and the edge of the card.
- I actually intended to do this very neatly, however, that was a fail! LOL! So I went with the kind of "messy" look and intentionally went a little sloppy with the Versamarker pen. Then I sprinkled on some gold sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.
- Repeat with the pen and heat embossing until you're happy with the look.
- Ink the edges and openings with Walnut Stain Distress ink.
- I thought I'd add more sparkle and splashed on some gold metallic paint drops with a paintbrush!
- Add foam tape to the back and adhere to an A2 card base.
Images and sentiment:
- I wanted to color the images with my Copic markers before adding the embossing powder. I've heard that embossing powder and Copics are not friends!
- So first I used my MISTI to stamp the pumpkins, leaf stems, and berries with no-line coloring ink onto 80# Neenah card stock. Leave the stamps on the MISTI door!
- TIP: Using a stamp positioning tool such as the MISTI is essential for this technique. After I finished the images, I placed the card stock back into the MISTI, patted on anti-static powder, and stamped them again. This time I used Versamark clear embossing ink.
- Sprinkle on gold glitter embossing powder and heat set.
- Fussy cut the images.
- Die cut the script portion of the You die three times from 80# Neenah card stock. Press your Versamark ink pad onto one of the die cuts to cover completely. Add the gold glitter embossing powder and heat set.
- Adhere the three "You" die cuts together, with the embossed layer on top.
- Die cut the shadow for the "you" twice, once from white card stock, and another time from Neenah Desert Storm. Adhere the script "you" to the white shadow.
- Ink up the edges of the Desert Storm shadow with Walnut Stain Distress ink. Adhere, offset, beneath the white shadow.
- Stamp the "thank" in black ink. This is from the Thanks Set and I actually masked of the "s" and the comma with masking tape--ink up the stamp--remove the tape--and stamp onto white card stock. Trim and adhere to the "you" layers with a foam square.
- Die cut white card stock with a Grass die, color with Copics, and trim to 4". Adhere to the base of the card.
- Adhere the pumpkins and leaves with glue. I did use foam tape to adhere the pumpkin on the right.
- Finish up by adding drops of Caribbean Ocean Nuvo Crystal Drops here and there around the images.
Well, if you stuck around through all of my crafty fun, thank you! I always so appreciate you!!!
Links for Rubbernecker: