Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Welcome Autumn | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hi crafty friends!  My card today features Rubberneckers Stamps gorgeous Precious Poppies stamp set and coordinating dies.  I envisioned these poppies with a crystal clear blue sky on a crisp autumn day!  I rarely create any background without some kind of die cutting, ink splattering or embellishing but I wanted the poppies to just pop with the beautiful blue sky.  This was so fun to create!

For my background, I used a blending brush to create an ombré pattern with the beautiful blues in the Color Fuse set #8 on an A2 sized piece of 80# Neenah Solar White card stock.  I went over the colors 2-3 times and then adhered the panel to my top-folding card base.

Next I stamped the flowers and leaves onto watercolor card stock with Versamark ink.  Then I sprinkled on some gold embossing powder and heat set them.  I used various pretty coral/red watercolors from my stash to color the flowers and leaves.  When everything was dry, I used the coordinating dies to cut out the flowers and fussy cut the leaves and stems.  I adhered the stems and leaves to the flowers with liquid glue.

Next I planned where to stamp my sentiment that's from the Autumn Harvest stamp set by arranging my flowers (without adhering) on the card front.  Then I used my anti-static pouch on the card front before stamping the sentiment with Versamark.  I sprinkled on gold embossing powder and heat set it.

Now all that's left is to add a few foam squares to the back of the flowers, and dots of glue to the stem bottoms.  I love the dimension this adds to the card!

I really enjoyed watercoloring these and I hope to have inspired you today!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!

Check out these awesome Rubbernecker products:

 
Links for other products I used:

1 comment:

  1. Rubbernecker is a new name to me... I love all the gorgeous blues here! Poppies are always such a lovely surprise. I am going to check out this company, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.