Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Beautiful Autumn Birthday | Honey Bee Stamps

Happy Wednesday crafty friends!  Is it feeling like autumn where you're at?  Here in Texas, we are still in full-on, totally-hot summer mode!  I'm kinda over it--LOL!  My card today featuring Honey Bee Stamps gorgeous Autumn Splendor A2 Cover Plate die is helping me get the autumn feels!  I used my Zigs to watercolor this beauty and then made it into a shaker card--read on for the details!

After I die cut some Bristol Smooth card stock with the Autumn Splendor A2 Cover Plate, I used various Zigs to color the elements.  I've listed the Zig colors I used at the end of this post.  It was really fun and so relaxing (just what I need right now!) to color this and play around with various colors on the leaves.  I used the Zig Blender brush instead of a brush and water to blend the colors.  I like the Blender Brush on Bristol because you can work the blends a lot more without pilling, like I get sometimes with water.

I didn't want the shaker part to be so prominent and take away from the colored panel, so I used vellum for the shaker covering.  I adhered the vellum to the back of the panel, added foam tape around the edges, and then behind two of the leaves near the center.  To keep the sequins from sticking to the sides of the foam tape, I patted my anti-static pouch around the inside edges of the foam tape, then wiped away the excess with a clean microfiber cloth.

It doesn't show too much in the photos but I added some olive green card stock to my card base.  Next I sprinkled some autumn colored sequins on the card base and then adhered the panel to close up the shaker.  The sequins I used are no longer available, but I've linked some I think would be perfect in the product list below.

I added Nuvo Ruby Slipper Glitter Drops to each of the berries and set it aside to dry.

Next I die cut some gold glitter card stock and white card stock with the Autumn shadow and script dies from the Bitty Buzzwords: Seasons Honey Cuts set.  I die cut the script three more times with white card stock and adhered the layers together with Bee Creative glue.  Then I used a dark brown Copic to color the top layer and adhered it to the gold glitter shadow.  I used the same brown Copic to color a scrip of Neenah 80# card stock and then stamped the sentiments with Versamark clear ink.  The top sentiment is in the Bitty Buzzwords: Seasons stamp set and I found the "birthday" in the Bitty Buzzwords stamp set.  I sprinkled on some gold sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.  After I trimmed the sentiments I added thin foam strips to the back.  I added these thin foam squares to the back of the "autumn" sentiment and adhered them all to the card.

I totally love how this turned out!  I hope I've inspired you to try your own version of watercoloring using this gorgeous Autumn Splendor A2 cover plate!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Zig markers:

Dark Brown, Mid Brown, Brown, Beige, Olive Green, Light Green, Deep Green, Geranium, Orange, Bright Yellow, Yellow Green, Blender

3 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning. I love everything about this card. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, I spotted this lovely on Instagram and was so impressed with your Zig skills. Love this cover plate and also that you made it a shaker. Great job! am enjoying your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic colors/coloring, Carol! Those colors are so vibrant and truly the feeling of fall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.