Thursday, November 26, 2020

So Blessed By You Bridge Fold Card | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello my friends!  If you are here in the US, happy Thanksgiving!!  I'm pausing, briefly, my Christmas card making to share a card I made that reflects my feelings this day.  I've used Honey Bee Stamps beautiful Farm Fresh Flowers stamps and Honey Cuts along with the Blessed stamp set and Honey Cuts, which is another awesome layering die from Honey Bee.


To create my bridge fold card, I began by taking a 5-½" x 5-¾" piece of white cardstock and scoring it on each end at ¾" and 1-½".  Next I used pieces of scraps I have from the Autumn Afternoon 6x6 paper pad.  I cut two 1-½" x 5-½" strips of the leafy paper and adhered them on each end of the white cardstock.  I reinforced the score line at ½".  The plaid paper is 2-¾" x 5-½".  I trimmed four thin strips of the gold paper and adhered them as shown in the photo.  I used the awesome Bee Creative Precision Tip Glue to adhere everything.  If you haven't tried this glue, I highly recommend it!


Then I stamped the florals from the Farm Fresh Flowers set in Copic safe ink and colored them with my markers.  This was easy and quick to color as I knew a lot of it would be covered with the sentiment.  I die cut the flowers with the coordinating Honey Cuts.

I used the Blessed stamp set and Honey cuts for the sentiment.  I die cut the base layer from vellum, the middle layer from white cardstock, and the top layer from some glitter paper in my stash.  I was really happy to find that I had some that coordinated perfectly!!  Gotta love it when that happens! Haha!   I adhered the layers together with Bee Creative Precision Tip glue.  I stamped the "so" and "by you" in black ink, trimmed them and layered each with more glitter paper.

I adhered the flowers to the card by adding some Bee Creative Precision Tip glue just to the edges of the flower bunch.  Once that was totally dry, I added foam squares to the back of the sentiment and adhered it over the flower bunch.  I added a few gem stickers from the Farm Fresh Holiday Gem Stickers to the plaid panel.


As challenging as this year has been in so many ways, the one thing I'm always thankful for is the people in my life!  We may not be gathering together like normal, but I'm trying to stay focused on the positives.  These are my family, friends, and even friends, like you all, that I've "met" through this thing we call social media! Whatever you may be doing today, I hope you have a wonderful day!  Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! You did an awesome job with this bridge fold (One of my favorite folds). I really like your paper choices! A Perfect card for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy fun card, and technique! I have never seen this one before but this is wonderful. The flowers are great too.
    Happy Thanksgiving to your family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.