Thursday, October 31, 2019

Penguin Cheer & Week 2 of Holiday Card Challenge | Art Impressions

Hello my friends!  It's Week 2 of Art Impressions Holiday Card Challenge (your card can be for any holiday!), and for inspiration, I'm using the new Penguin Cheer set.  This is such a fun and sweet set with several images and sentiments which means you'll be able to make several different cards with one set!



I began in my usual way for Copic coloring by stamping with Ink on 3 Blackout Detail Ink onto Neenah Solar White 80# paper.  I've listed my Copic colors below.  After I had the penguins all colored I used a die from the Tag Stitched Dies set to cut it out.  I then colored in my background.



To get a perfectly sized layer for the tag, I used a pencil and traced around the outside edges of the die.  I used my trimmer to cut the straight edges, and hand trimmed the curved corners.  I colored the edge of the tag layer with a green Copic to coordinate with the images.  I also edged a 4-¼" x 5-½" card with the same green Copic and adhered it to a top folding A2 card base.  The next layer was embossed with a beautiful 3-D Snowflake embossing folder and trimmed to 4" x 5-¼".  I added some foam tape to the back of the tag and adhered it to the embossed layer.



I colored some white card stock with a red Copic I used, dried it, then heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder.  I die cut it out using the smallest of the Rectangle Double Stitched dies. I used some red ribbon from my stash to add a bow to the tag. I added some sparkle with a Wink of Stella and topped it off with JudiKins Diamond Glaze.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope to see your card in the challenge!  Have a great day!


Copic markers:
Penguins: N4, N5, N7, E40, W1, W3, R11, R21
Penguin accessories: R27, R29, R35, R59,
G02, G05, G17, Y15, Y17, C00, C1, C3
Background:  B0000, B000
Snow:  BV20, C0, B000

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.