If you came here from my Instagram, thank you! As promised, a just-the-details blog post.
For this card, you need the House Builder Card Base die set + the Gingerbread House Add-On stamps and Honey Cuts. (Which I now see are sold out--click the Notify Me button to know when they are back in stock--it will be soon!) I used some kraft colored cardstock I've had forever, but I like the texture in this paper versus the Neenah Desert Storm paper.
Here are some of the steps:
- Use the Shiplap Siding Stencil and some white embossing paste after die cutting out the card base. I sprinkled on some glitter while it was still wet.
- I die cut the roof from the Gingerbread House Add On and used a white gel pen to embellish.
- I used white glitter foam paper to die cut the snowy edges (dies in the Add On set).
- For the candy, I used the dies in the Add On set that cut out the shape with some embossed lines (although after I got done with them, those don't really show).
- The candy canes, peppermint sticks and gum drops were die cut with Neenah Solar White.
- Then I used Copics markers to color and shade them.
- I used a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen on the white portion of the peppermints.
- I then coated them all the peppermints with JudiKins Diamond Glaze (my preference over Gossy Accents as it seems to dry less yellow.)
- For the gumdrops I added some liquid glue (that dries clear) and topped them with Hero Arts Icicle Glitter. (This stuff is amazing!)
Finally, for the trees and shrubs I added some snow with Tsukineko White Radiant Neon Amplify. This is also amazing! It puffs up when you use your heat gun and it's WHITE! Not yellow! I also added some NUVO White Gloss Crystal Drops to the trees.
Was this helpful? I hope I've covered most of the details. If you have any questions, please let me know. I can't answer them from your comments here if you are a "no-rely blogger". The best way is to use the contact form in the left column. Thanks so much for stopping by!