Thursday, September 20, 2018

Week 2 - Art Impressions Challenge #241 - Circle Elements

Hello friends!  It's the second week of Art Impressions' Challenge #241, Circle Elements!

My card for this challenge features the newly released Christmas Circlet MTF!  This stamps such a beautiful wintery scene!  I've given the scene some dimension by popping the top layer up with a shaker card!



Open the first layer and you have this beautiful cottage!



The inside of the card with Santa and the sweet sentiment.



I stamped my images onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper so that I could use my African Violet Marvy LePlume II marker to color the shadows of the snow.  I colored everything else with various Spectrum Noir and Copic alcohol markers.

I stamped a background stamp onto Neenah Solar White 80# paper and used the new Art Impressions Rectangle Double Stitched dies to create the cut the top layer of the frame.  I cut an additional plain white frame to reinforce this one.  I also used some circle dies to cut the round frames in the same manner.  The frames were backed a piece of acetate and then with a double layer of foam tape to create dimension for the shaker window.  I added my snow in little piles and then placed the acetate shaker frame over it.   Here are some photos that may help my explanation.

         

Of course, a Christmas card needs a good amount of sparkle so I added some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to all of the snow!  Here are some close ups to see the shine and dimension you get from popping up the top layer.








If you're still reading here, thank you!  I appreciate you taking a look!  I hope you will be inspired to join in Art Impressions Circle Elements challenge!



2 comments:

  1. This is a great design. Love the layers that create this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaker card! I like your added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.