Hello, crafty friends! Today is Alex Syberia Designs' August Release day! We are celebrating with a blog hop filled with lots of inspiration for this wonderful new release! You can check out all of the wonderful products in the Happy Cuties and Peony Corners release over in the Alex Syberia Designs shop.
Of course, there are prizes! Alex Syberia Designs is giving away a $15 or £15 gift card to three lucky winners.
This giveaway is open internationally. All three winners will be selected from entrants who take part in the blog hop by 11:59 BST on August 16, 2026. The winners will be announced on the 'Giveaway Winners' page of the Alex Syberia Designs blog on August 17, 2026.
The blog hop order is below. Be sure to at each stop for more fabulous inspiration and leave comments for more chances to win.
Now on to my card that features the new Mermaid Kitties stamp set and coordinating dies!
First I created the underwater background for my Mermaid Kitties images. I started out with the new Glistening Water stencil and white cardstock. I used two shades of blue ink and blending brushes to color through the stencil.
I replaced the Glistening Water stencil with the Sun Rays stencil. I turned it so the rays appeared to be coming from above the water and were shining down through the water. I used a palette tool to spread some transparent glossy texture paste through the stencil. I removed the stencil and used my fingers to lightly sprinkle some clear glitter onto the wet paste. Then I set the panel aside to dry.
Next I stamped three of these cute Mermaid Kitties and the shells and sea grass with Copic marker safe black ink. After I finished coloring the images I cut them all out with the coordinating dies.
Once the stencil and textured panel was dry, I wanted to make the sun rays stand out more. I placed the Sun Rays stencil over the panel again and used blending brushes to add more of the same ink colors. Then I glued the panel to an A2 card base.
I used foam adhesive and glue to adhere the Mermaid Kitties images to the card. There are two small bubble stamps in the Mermaid Kitties stamp set and I placed them, one at a time, onto a small stamp block and stamped them around the images with two shades of the blue inks.
The sentiments are three of the seven included in the Mermaid Kitties stamp set. I stamped them with black pigment ink and cut them out with the Mermaid Kitties dies.
This was so fun to make! There are also six more adorable Mermaid Kitties included in this set. If you want to see more of this release, check out all of the goodies in Alex Syberia Designs' shop!
Here is the blog hop order! Stop by to see more and comment for chances to win on of the three gift cards!
Blog Hop Order:
Carol <<<that's me!
I always appreciate you using my affiliate links to shop (never any additional cost to you)!

Love your pretty underwater scene! Wonderful card with these adorable Mermaid Kitties!
ReplyDeleteThese little Mermaid Kitties are TOO CUTE! Your card is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how you did the water! The mermaid kitties are PRECIOUS!
ReplyDelete