Monday, July 15, 2019

Watercolor Succulents, Art Impressions

Happy Monday to all!  I'm on the Art Impressions blog today with my card using the Succulents Set.


I used Canson Watercolor paper and my MISTI to stamp a few of the succulents from the set into a background pattern.  These were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed in white.  A couple weekends ago I was so happy to be at an event and took a class where I learned to used Ken Oliver's Color Bursts to watercolor.  I used four colors to watercolor the succulents.  I did the background first though, so I could see the images better.  I used a Tombow marker in Willow Green for that.


I've listed the colors below, but really, after doing a web search for succulents, you can use just about any nature-y color you want!  Once everything was dry, I used a stitched square die to cut the panel out and used double-sided tape to adhere it to a 5-3/4" x 5-3/4" card base.  I used 110# Neenah Solar White for the card base since the watercolor panel is heavier too.

I stamped the sentiment from the WC Sentiments Set with Versafine Onyx Black and die cut it with a die from Flag Double Stitched Dies.  I used some foam squares to pop it up and scattered a few clear dew drops from my stash across the card.


As always, I appreciate you stopping by for a look!  Have a great week---stay crafty!


Ken Oliver Color Burst colors:  Sap Green, Fuchsia, Prussian Blue
My Favorite Things Ken Oliver Color Burst colors:  Jellybean Green, Tropical Teal
Tombow watercolor marker:  #173-Willow Green

Supplies:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.