Thursday, July 25, 2019

Art Impressions Animal Print Challenge Week 2

Hello friends!  We are kicking off week 2 of Art Impressions Animal Print challenge!  For my inspiration card I've used the adorable Doggy Kisses set.  



Now, Dachshunds come in many colors but I chose to color this one similar to the one we had when I was growing up.  By the way, being the oldest of four, I got to name him.  Ready for it?  NOODLE!  LOL!  Noodle was a sweet and loyal dog that we loved!  I'm pretty sure I never saw him wrapped up like this one!

I stamped him onto Neenah 80# cardstock with a Copic safe ink.  I colored him with the Copics listed below.  I used a Double Stitched Oval die to cut it out.  I used two of the dies together to cut a little frame.

Next I used a mask I had saved from another project and covered the dog with it.  Then keeping the die on the cut oval, I used a cloud stencil and inked the sky and grass.  I used a green Copic marker to add detail to the grass.



I added the "animal print" portion to the background and kept it simple.  I stamped the paw from the set in a medium gray ink onto some gray cardstock and a piece of white cardstock.  I used my ruler and a Micron 05 pen to draw the black lines.


I stamped the sentiment in Weathered Wood Distress Oxide ink and cut it out with a die from the Tag Stitched dies.  The oval with the doggy is popped up on foam tape.


I hope my card has inspired you to join in the Animal Print challenge!  I can't wait to see what you create!  Stay crafty! :)


Copic markers:
BG53, BG57, E13, E15, E17, E19,
N4, N6, N8, N9, W0, W1, W3, YG23, YG25

Supplies:
Distress Oxide inks:  Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn, Weathered Wood

3 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest pup and the very cutest card! I shall have to shoe this to my friend. Her sister is a board member of the Provincial Daschund Society. My friend makes Daschund themed cards for her sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really adorable card. I like how you used a mask or the background. I always forget about that technique.. Must tive that a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.